View RSS Feed

RobVG

1. 1st Oil Change, 6th Gen Honda VFR 800

I didn't figure we needed a new "1st Oil Change" thread so I decided to blog it.

The only thing I was worried about was getting the bodywork off and that turned out not to be a problem. I have just a few tips.

1) I bought the kit with the filter/wrench from the dealer.
    2) I won't say what oil I used (Honda HP4 blend, 10w-40) because it can be a contentious issue.
    3) Small right angle screw driver (in pics) is awesome for releasing OEM plastic ...

Updated 08-29-2016 at 07:17 AM by RobVG

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Is it a chick magnet?

Ever since I got my pristine white '06, I can't help but stare at it- when it's uncovered. I'll stare at it when I park it. I'll stare at it coming back to it. It's the coolest bike I have ever seen, even though I'm bias because it's mine.

I've wondered if chicks dig sportbikes. I mean hot chicks, not skanky Harley ho's. I've passed a few females of above average hotness and gave it rev but they really didn't take notice. I thought for sure my bike would be a pantie dropper, but it ...

Updated 09-24-2015 at 08:21 AM by RobVG

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Well, the new EBC brake pads work good

I left work at 6:00 pm and took the 700 to give it some exercise- just like a good thoroughbred.

Took my usual backroads home but just didn't have my fill yet so off I went, down Woods Creek road. There's a chicane I know about and took it at a good clip. It's blind, of course- this is Washington. Entered the left turn, came out and dove into the right. On exit, there's a tow-truck hooking up and two cars blocking the road 200 feet ahead. Yarded on the brakes- almost full panic but ...

Updated 06-30-2015 at 08:49 PM by RobVG

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Washington Rides: Mountain Loop Highway

It’s been over 30 years since I road the Mountain loop Hwy on my RD, a 62 mile round trip ride originating in Granite Falls WA. Nothing much has changed except for the speed limit. It used to be 50, but most of it is 45 now with several drops to 35 and 25. The area is more populated, evidently leading to the lower limits. There are plenty of long straightaways if you feel the need to pass the cagers who average about 50.

There are several great hiking trails along the highway like ...

Updated 05-25-2015 at 03:05 PM by RobVG

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Them's the Brakes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EBC.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	31041

I figured I needed new brake pads but didn’t know how badly until I started taking things apart. There wasn’t much left of them. I think it’s safe to assume they haven’t been replaced in 30 years/ 12,000 miles. I guess I’ve been preoccupied with getting it to “go” rather than “whoa”.

I got to use my lift table for the first time and because of it, I actually had “fun” working on the 700. No bending over, calipers were right there in ...

Updated 03-30-2015 at 08:20 PM by RobVG

Tags: -1' Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast