View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. 94VFR750 parting out?

Have posted very rarely so hope this is done right.

Considering to get running, selling in current condition or parting out my 94vfr750 that I've owned for about ten years I think.

i am second owner; bought when it had less than ten thousand miles; it now has under thirty. It had electrical issues before but resolved with an OEM rectifier, but now it needs a stator and I plan on installing a MOSFET rectifier but that would be a few hundred dollars. Wondering if some ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. 1984 Interceptor 500

Quote Originally Posted by 84Interceptor5 View Post
    Hi, currently have a 1984 interceptor 500 that runs great. The problem is that the fuel pump stopped working, I have searched high and low for a pump but they are no where to be found due to the fact that they have been discontinued. Any suggestions on a universal pump? thanks
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. How to fix common regulator/Stator failures

Quote Originally Posted by mello dude View Post
    Other stator sources----

My rides stator is fine, but if I need one, I am tempted to go to this guy - Gary at custom rewind.
    CUSTOMREWIND.COM

He will do the job any way you want - stock or he'll bump wire gauges up if you want. Well that's one of the achilles heels of the stocker, the 16 guage stator wire could stand to be at least 14 or 12. Prices are very fair too.- I would just ask for extra stator wire length, so while I'm at it I can use a MetriPack connector
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 5th Gen Best Mod$: "Actually Readily Obtainable and Available"

Quote Originally Posted by sfdownhill View Post
    FYI - In 1999 I bought an RC45 with 600 miles on it. On the dyno, it put out 112hp all stock, then 121hp w HRC ECU and Two Brothers slipon bolted onto the end of the production exhaust. I left it alone after that because it would require $67,000 in HRC kit parts [not including labor] to bump it up to then-current 750cc superbike class output of 168hp.
    Was that HRC ECU tunable for ignition timing and fuel? Do you by chance still have the dyno sheet?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 5th Gen Best Mod$: "Actually Readily Obtainable and Available"

Quote Originally Posted by sfdownhill View Post
    FYI - In 1999 I bought an RC45 with 600 miles on it. On the dyno, it put out 112hp all stock, then 121hp w HRC ECU and Two Brothers slipon bolted onto the end of the production exhaust. I left it alone after that because it would require $67,000 in HRC kit parts [not including labor] to bump it up to then-current 750cc superbike class output of 168hp.
    Was that HRC ECU tunable for ignition timing and fuel? Do you by chance still have the dyno sheet?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast