1987 VFR 700

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Dopesick, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Dopesick

Dopesick New Member

Does ANYONE know off an aftermarket exhaust for this puppy.. the internet helps look for something, but man.. i cant find anything.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Too old my friend! I have a 86 VF-500F and nothing is made...sorry

3. interceptor500

interceptor500 New Member

Cobra makes their F1 exhaust for VF 700/750 to 1986, and it may possibly fit your VFR. Not sure, just letting ya know.

4. Smithy

Smithy New Member

There's a mob here near Sydney Australia who do a "Tranzac" 4 into 2 system for all the early VF's (83-85) , 700,750 and 1000's, even the VF1000R (84-86). The 86 VFR 700/750 has the gear driven cams and different engine/frame etc. and of course the exhaust is different, however I can make some enquiries for you if you would like. I believe "Staintune" here in OZ do a full stainless system for the full VFR range from 86 to present! They sound great due to the 180 degree crank instead of the 360 degree crank of the early ones!!
    Hope this is of some help.
    Smithy.

5. Dopesick

Dopesick New Member

Smitty you are the man (or lady, not sure of gender...)

If you could gather some information and get back to me on it, at Dizturbd1@sbcglobal.net

Thank you!!!!!

6. vfrjay

vfrjay New Member

Hey Dopesick I have the same bike and parts are next to impossible to find. Check Ebay at least once a week cuz there is always a good amount of odds and ends parts for the 86/87 VFR's. There were two aftermarket exhausts on there the other day. If you come across any spare parts or places that have reasonably priced parts please please please let me know. I am need of a fairing stay, headlight, and taillight. Mine are all glue epoxy and zip ties. Thanks
    jsemperfi@hotmail.com

7. Guest

Guest Guest

guys there is hope. it took me 4 yrs to find a company that offers an exhaust. ther are actuallt two!! it's been a while since i put it on but theres dale walkers holeshot performance (generally in the back of the cycle mags) and the full system i got was thru hindle racing out of canada.i then retrofittedthe end to a yoshimura carbon silencer cause the hindle system was so damn loud. it wasa tight fit and if you have a center stand, you wont for long!!

8. keny

keny New Member

Finland
    I`m also :( that there is hard to find parts to this lovely bike. I find also two alternativs for aftermarket pipes. Laser and Micron.

9. draggin

draggin New Member

ok does anyone know or have a link for anybody building a 4 into 2 into 1 or just a 4 into 1 system for a 85 vf1000r .. it is my current project and a 4 four just sounds so nice coming out one pipe .
    holeshot doesnt make them (never did they were made for them by hindle ) and dont seem to carry them anymore . any advice would be nice .

Thanks
    Rob

10. Guest

Guest Guest

11. vfromey

vfromey New Member

Canada
    Map
    laser exhausts in the netherlands has a full 4 into 1 system for the 86/87 VFR 700/750(might cost around 1,500 shipped, which is a little steep).  Motad in the Uk has a collector and silencer as well (275 pounds plus shipping). i've looked everywhere, even tried that Dale walker guy and he said that he doesn't have em anymore. I also called Hindle which had the best exhaust for this bike but they've stopped makin them a long time ago. they switched from nickel plated steel to stainless steel so they can't even use their old blue prints to bend a new exhaust. another option is to get one custom made which will cost an arm and a leg!