how to power up a power commander off my bike?

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by 02vfr800, Nov 27, 2007.

1. 02vfr800

02vfr800 New Member

Hey folks,

I just bought a used PCIII, and want to upload the appropriate map to it. I know I can install it and then when the bike is one connect a laptop to it, but I am hoping to do it connected to my desktop computer.

I had read at one point you can use a 9v battery to do this but I just can't find a thread that explains what to do.

Any help from you guy's is appreciated.

2. DANIMAL

DANIMAL New Member

O2VFR800,

Here is the info.
    looking at the connector pin 1 is positive (+) and pin (10) is negative (-)
    you could take the PC to an electronics supply store and have the obtain this mating connector. or you could try radio shack and see if the have one.
    better yet call the dude you got the PC from because they all come with the (v battery connector. you could get a 9 volt battery plug from radio shack and just strip the wire ends and push the red wire in pin 1 and the black wire in pin 10. being extremely careful not to stick the wires in the wrong holes. I hope this helps

Attached Files:

3. 02vfr800

02vfr800 New Member

Danimal,

Thanks for the info! The guy had only the unit, as he was pulling it off his bike before he sold it, and it came on the bike when he bought it, thus I am trying to get all the pieces together I need. Perhaps it will just end up being easier to drag the laptop out and do it.

Dyno Jet was kind enough to send me the software for the serial version, downloaded the map that supports the micron, just need to give it a try now.

Thanks again for the details and posting the pics to help me!

o2vfr800