Replacement Brake Discs

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by alex5160, Dec 17, 2007.

1. alex5160

alex5160 New Member

Map
    Hey all,

First off, I am new here. I just bought my new 83 Interceptor from a dealer in CA (West 10 Motorsports) in Thousand Palms. Had the owner ship it (he actually drove it here in his pick up) to Rochester NY just before Thanksgiving. This thing is MINT. I waited over a year for it. Engine is tight too. Bike has never sat outside in bad weather or over night. Has always been stored and meticulously maintained. You gotta see it.

It still sounds and rides great! This thing is in showroom condition. I couldn't be happier...! I truly landed a treasure.

I want to thank all the VFR dudes for letting us VF dudes on this site. This is the biggest VF group I have found yet. AWESOME !!!

I am interested in replacing my front and rear brake discs. Where can I get my hands on some mint stock replacements (New OEM price about 400 each - ouch!) Or some slick after market discs. Let me know!

Alex

2. GenLightening

GenLightening New Member

3. kia001

kia001 New Member

I have both sides in stock for $129/side

4. His&Hers VFR

His&Hers VFR New Member

Sweet looking ride, congrats.

And if it wasn't for the VF's there would be no VFR's so you guys are / should be more than welcome.

5. alex5160

alex5160 New Member

Map
    Thanks for the info. I will more than likely replace the discs eventually. The stock ones are not "perfect" and I need them to be. The bike is stock, except for the blue braided brake lines on the front (prev owner) so I need to match it up with the rear before anything else. I will never part with this thing. I want to be burried on it in an upright position... would they do that I wonder as a final request ???

6. Outlawz24

Outlawz24 New Member

Canada
    Map
    another satisfied VF owner..i am now the owner of two 1st gens an 85 and an 83... i can def understand how you feel about the bike man.