Ping any East Bay, CA VFR owners...

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Puma Cat, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Puma Cat

Puma Cat New Member

Hey guys,
    Does any of you have a Single-sided swingarm stand I could borrow for about a day to get my wheels off the bike? I need to replace tires, and I can't seem to get Cycle Gear to execute on an order I placed almost two weeks ago to get a simple stand from Pit Bull sent to me; stand was supposed to be in Cycle Gear's Benicia HQ yesterday, and as of today, they still have not received it.

I was hoping to get my wheels off this weekend and get down to Road Rider for purchasing and mounting new tires, since it will be raining all weekend anyway. I have a front stand, but not a rear, and I would like to be able to lift the bike up a both ends to get both wheels off at the same time so that I can have new tires mounted the rims in one trip.

If any of you has a stand that you'd be willing to let me borrow for Saturday, it most be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    PC

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    if you don't find one, you can do it with the centerstand and a jack. I have done it that way and just looped a tiedown over a rafter to hold it up just in case...

3. Puma Cat

Puma Cat New Member

Thanks, Reg....looks like my stand will be here Monday (fingers crossed).

-PC