tall guys and the VFR?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by fryeG7, Mar 8, 2008.

1. fryeG7

fryeG7 New Member

i'm in love with the honda interceptor and plan on making one my next bike, but i have a few concerns as far as ergonomic comfort. i'm tall and lanky (6'4", 180#) and i'm wondering how i'll fit on a VFR. my current bike (suzuki DL650 v-strom) is pure love in the comfort department, especially after i added a suzuki 'tall touring' seat (+1.5" over the stock saddle).

what do you tall guys think of the VFR? are there cheap and easy mods to make it more comfortable for the long haul? i've always avoided true sport bikes simply because they aren't comfortable to me. i think the VFR would be a nice compromise.

frye

2. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    The previous owner of my bike is the same size as you. He bought it over the CBR because it fit him way better in all areas. Should be a good fit for you.

3. base341

base341 New Member

I'm a little shorter than you, 6'1", all I did was switch out the stock clip-ons with heli bars which are about 1-2 inches taller. After only putting about 1000 miles on the bike it feels like I've been riding it for years.. Really comfortable.
    I know there's another after market clip-on that raises higher than the heli bars.. Do a search here and I'm sure you can find it.

4. chomper

chomper New Member

United States
    Map
    tall skinny 6' 2" rider here.... viffer fits me great! way better fit than any true sport bike i v been on. theres a few taller riders on this site aswell maybe they will chime in as well.

5. Action

Action New Member

United States
    Map
    I'm 6'5"/240 and fit on the VFR fine. I have Heli bars on mine and the seat to bar distance is fine. Its a little tight in the knees (seat to peg distance) but loads better than any the true sport bikes. There are some fairly cheap solutions for lowering the pegs, I just haven't decided if I want to go that route yet. Try and get a ride on one or at least spend some tome sitting on one and see what you think.

Action

6. SLOav8r

SLOav8r New Member

Go sit on one. No problem's here at 6'3".
    My roommate's ridden it too and has no complaints at 6'8". Although he looks like gorilla f%$kin a football.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2008
  7. tbones86

tbones86 New Member

Map
    Buehl foot pegs will drop the pegs down something like 1/2-1" w/ minor mods w/ a file to the existing mounts, Heli bars will give you an 1"+ on the top side. I also believe Thurn Motorsports out of Germany offers foot peg lowering brakets(some one will correct me on that if I'm wrong) so there are ways to aid the VFR into fitting the rider better, like everything else it only requires time & money.:smile:

8. powderrecon

powderrecon New Member

United States
    Map
    I'm 6'4, 220, 4th gen with custom bar risers.

Perfect fit.

9. eddievalleytrailer

eddievalleytrailer Member

United States
    Map
    6'0" and 200 lbs looks like this. The VFR is a tallish bike. I think you'll like it. You'll just have to try one on.
    Picture 006.jpg

vfr800.jpg

10. chomper

chomper New Member

United States
    Map
    hes doing what with a football:tape:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2008
  11. R0cketScientist

R0cketScientist New Member

6'2.5", 215 and my last bike was a V-Strom 650 also. I'm comfortable on the VFR, and I think I like it better than the V-Strom. There is more weight on the arms, so my elbows were slightly sore at first. But the lower back feels more neutral on the VFR, compared to the V-Strom. On the V-Strom, your upright so there is a lot of pressure on the lower back. On the VFR, the slightly leaned position balances with the wind force when your at speed, and there is no pressure on the low back (in my short experience with my VFR-2 days).

So I have low back issues, so it is perfect for me. I also prefer the peg position to that of the V-Strom cause the legs are bent and back more, and that seems to relieve tension on the low back.

Theres my 2cents.

RS

12. fryeG7

fryeG7 New Member

thanks for the responses, folks. this is exactly the type of info i'm looking for, especially from former strom owners.

frye

13. Toobig4cbr

Toobig4cbr New Member

6'7" 250lbs, haven't done any risers or anything and i fit just fine, actually the reason i bought my '06 was because it fit better than any sport bike and actually still looks a lot like a sport bike

14. rapsidy

rapsidy New Member

Map
    6" 4 198lbs no problem very comfortable.

15. Marley Davidson

Marley Davidson New Member

Map
    I´m 1,83 cm tall, my bike is a standard 97 Rc 36 II and I feel really good on it!

16. whiteboyslo

whiteboyslo New Member

Map
    6'7" 310lbs 34" inseam here. no issues. bone stock 6th generation. most comfortable thing i've ridden.

i've contemplated putting on lowering block for the pegs, but i really don't need it. 300+ mile day trips don't even phase me on this bike.

Mike