carb sync help

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by devonshire, May 9, 2008.

1. devonshire

devonshire New Member

Map
    Hello everyone!

I have a 1984 vf750f with 19,000 miles. I just bought a motion pro carb sync-er and am kinda confused as to how to use it. Anyone have a good link as to how to go about this? My bike starts VERY hard after being run and quite frankly, its f-ing embarassing. My buddy and I pulled the carbs apart already and cleaned the 4 year old varnish out and put new o-rings on the fuel tubes and adjusted the pilots as per the manual. It runs great but lacks a little power and seems to overheat in stop and go traffic and from what I have read, these are all classic signs of a bad caeb sync.
    Any help would be much appreciated!!
    Thanks!!
    PEACE

2. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    Don't believe synch would have anything to do with overheating.......hard starting, yes.

Your bike will not overheat if your radiator cap is good, the system is full of coolant, and your fan works properly.

3. devonshire

devonshire New Member

Map
    The cooling system has been purged and re-filled and the cap is good and I know the fans work because I have installed a manual override switch. My bike has been ALL gone thru and I just need some help with the sync. Do I need to take the tank off? Which screws am I supposed to be adjusting? Something about adjusting 1-3 to cylinder 4?

4. masonv45

masonv45 New Member

Get a manual. It has the procedure in it. The screws that the brass tubes screw into are phillips heads below the sparkplug. You may have to use an impact wrench to unscrew them. The one under the T-stat on the right side of the bike is a bitch.

You sync the carbs in order to the #4 carb.
    Adjust carb 3 to 4
    Adjust carb 2 to 4
    Adjust carb 1 to 4

This makes sense, but the adjustment screws are not in physical linear order 1-2-3. This is where the manual comes in and can show you where the synch screws are and which screw adjusts which carb.