grip upgrades

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by fache1, May 24, 2008.

1. fache1

fache1 New Member

I put a set of "grip puppies" om my O7 and the do have a different feel now. It's a very cheap add on, under $9.00. My previous bikes have been crusiers and thses give it a thicker grip with a little more comfort.
    I'm looking at helibars but am a little concerned with beig more upright and extra wind buffetting. Anyone notice this an asn issue? Has anyone looked at the Flat bars? These bikes are pretty comfortable "as is" but I'd like a little less hand cramping. Most of the time it's just a quick release of the grips and everythings ok. Any thoughts?

2. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

Romania
    Map
    Now that you point it out, dunno why the thicker grips kinda go on cruisers, but for me standard size grip go with sportbikes. My very favorite for years has been the ProGrip 696's, aka "waffle" grips. Jeez, I dont know how many other riders I've turned on to these, but its like one grap of the bars and they say - "I gotta have these grips now!". The same happend to me. Mine are black.(Check gallery pics) I know Reg71 has some sexy red ones.

MD

3. VFR-Guy2000

VFR-Guy2000 New Member

Map
    I have Heli-bars on mine and don't notice a lot of wind drag. However I did buy the bike with them already on it, so I don't know what it was like before. I do still have the stock bars also and I've driven so many other sport bikes (R1, Ducati 998, CBR600RR, F2, F3, ZX6R ect.) that I should be able to tell the difference and honestly I don't think my bike has much more wind drag pushing on me than those other bikes. I think the reasoning why is that when Honda designed that windscreen set up they payed close attention to the wind drag. Anything over 75MPH though you will feel more wind drag on any bike. As far as the hand grips, I just have some cheapo grips that say VFR on them. They are not as comfy as others I've had, but they just look so cool that it's too hard to take them off for now at least!