Info on 2009/2010 model-real deal

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Hrvoje_29, May 25, 2008.

1. Hrvoje_29

Hrvoje_29 New Member

Hello to all...
    I really have REAL information about the new V bike from "leading japanese manufacturer",and i would be glad to share it with few conditions for my safety,regarding not to loose my job.First of all i will never say the bike's nomenclature name,or say the name of manufacturer,or say the name of leading east-european exhaust company or similar statements that could later be used against me.The bike is already delivered from Japan to factory,and before you ask it,NO it is absolutely impossible to take photos,but i remembered some general specifications,info&reasons why is this bike special while chatting with engineers.The idea for this came from my friend who rides the 2006 v bike and he is desperate for a new model,i myself ride scooter(piaggio)and am not a real bike fan,casual weekend driver.So,if you are interested please say or someone else already has the info?

2. jayzonk

jayzonk New Member

Canada
    Map
    Okay, well, let's hear it....what's the new bike like?

3. Hrvoje_29

Hrvoje_29 New Member

From what i can say as amateur the bike did not change much compared to 2006 i know,it is a little bigger lets say 10%,little bit "rounder" in front but with it is generaly "sharp" in design,the biggest difference i can see that there is no more exhaust under the rear end,now it is under the bike,second is that it has i dont know english that good,the metal "leg" that connects the rear wheel is on both sides not just one as before...i also know how much cc it has and hp,seen it on a table that mesaures,with original exhaust and with "brand" exhaust.if you want info on specs wait a few min because i wrote it on my smartphone and wife has it,just a minute.

4. jayzonk

jayzonk New Member

Canada
    Map
    Does it still have an upright seating position? Does it still have a large fairing?
    So, it has a two-sided swingarm? And no underseat exhaust? Do you know when it is coming to America?

5. jayzonk

jayzonk New Member

Canada
    Map
  6. Hrvoje_29

Hrvoje_29 New Member

it doesnt look like that(cycle posers)I did not sit on it,it looks comfortable,not like those supersport bikes,i know that bike will be made available in europe in june 2009,dont know for United states.What is "fairing"?

7. Hrvoje_29

Hrvoje_29 New Member

aha...fairing is the the front thing with wind glass?i think it is the same in height but little more width,and the glass goes up and down,and it has a hole in front,i mean plastics not glass i have specifications here

991 cm3
    123hp original exhaust on the measuring table on the 10134rpm max
    129hp "brand" exhaust on the table at 10095rpm
    max 96nm -(okretni moment-on croatian-dont know english word,physical force?)
    It sounds like a ferrari!

8. aftershock

aftershock New Member

sounds good can't wait to see when they hit the dealers here in the us. what colors are they going to be able to get?

9. Hrvoje_29

Hrvoje_29 New Member

this one is red,dark gray combination,looks pretty nice

10. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

I'm going to go ahead & say that I don't believe it until I see it. I'm not saying you are lying per say but this post is WAY to fishy. If you are so worried about losing your job for leaking info, why are you on a VFR website that has members from all over the world? Including some in Japan near HQ Honda?

Honda has been stringing all us VFR fans for far too long & I'm not getting my hopes up.

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane: :usa2:

11. jayzonk

jayzonk New Member

Canada
    Map
    The "physical force" you are talking about is called torque.

12. speed

speed New Member

United States
    Map
    KC, I have to agree with you all the way on this, why would he come on here and tell us hes concerned for his job and he works there and dose not know what a swing arm or farrings are ? why would they go back to a old swing arm ?
    very fishy :bs:

13. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Mmm something fishy, something not, I've seen what looks to be the patent article, could be a thread from that. But wouldn't surprise me either that Honda would go that way 123hp Hmm? has to be a 1000cc, matching torque numbers. FJR wind screen style? oh brother, saw/ read the exhaust was going that way as well as the SSSA going by by. Yes, seeing is believing... LOL and as far as losing a job? Cats out of the bag my friend, thanks for keeping our hopes alive :wink:

14. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    I would say that this is a :fish:

15. jayzonk

jayzonk New Member

Canada
    Map
    Dropping the single-side swingarm is probably a cost saving thing. From what I understand, Honda went with a less adjustable front shock on the CBR1000RR as well this year. You get somethin....you take somethin' away!

16. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
    Why did they drop the gear-driven cams? :tongue:

17. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    cuz they don't listen to us. that is all.

18. Hrvoje_29

Hrvoje_29 New Member

Hello again!
    I was also worried when my friend asked me to give some info so if you know a better way than this one (anonymus) please tell me.first off all as I said i am NOT a v-bike fan,i ride a scooter:).Second what would be the place rather than this site to give some info?I dont know much about bikes but consider this.if you looked carefully i'm from croatia,and factory is located in slovenia.if you think that there is no jobs in exhaust factory other than mechanics you are wrong.how about a titanium supplier?how about cargo transportation from rotterdam,or rijeka?how about a certified technician on hydroforming machine?food supply?protective garment?consider it...many,many jobs.You should read more carefully,i protected my self legally in case something goes wrong...also consulted my lawyer...so when the new bike comes,will you buy me one?:) and YES i dont know mechanics to well...regards

19. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

Whatever dude. Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane: :usa2:

20. madduxca

madduxca New Member

sneek out a cell phone picture... leak it to us first, then we'll spread the gospel. You'll be just like james bond, you can even get one of those little cameras that looks like a zippo.:photo: