maintenance

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by hondajt, May 25, 2008.

1. hondajt

hondajt New Member

Just wondering if anyone has the maintenance schedule for our bikes? the link for the service manual doesn't work any more.

Also wondering; anyone have any photos of there stock turn signals smoked or tinted?

I am interested in getting rid of that black plastic piece that holds the liscence plate and those reflectors and doing a side mounted plate. I think it looks better. Any one have any suggestions? I would like to keep the reflectors, just relocate them.

I also am interested in getting opinions on something. I am thinking of installing an LED bike kit, from boogey.com. I install these at work, and they look sweet on cruisers. Has anyone seen them on a streetbike? I'm not sure if it would look good or not.

2. Rustbucket

Rustbucket New Member

I don't personally like the look of the LED kits, but if you do a good job they can be pretty clean on a sportbike. You just need to think about placement and what you want to light up...

Lots of folks here have chopped their fenders - check out the 5th generation photo gallery for inspiration on just about any mod you can think of: Fifth Generation 1998-2001 - VFRworld Photo Gallery

If you want, drop me a PM with your email and I'll send you a copy of the manual.

3. hondajt

hondajt New Member

well, I have a copy of the service manual now, the girl I got the bike from had one on CD. but thanks.