fuel pump

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by ats1080, Jun 22, 2008.

1. ats1080

ats1080 New Member

United States
    Map
    i need a fuel pump for my 1986 VFR700. i was wondering if anyone knows a part number or where i could find one. thanks.

2. Gray Market

Gray Market New Member

Map
    Part number ... and more ...

Hello:

The part number is 16710-ML7-005, "PUMP ASSY., FUEL (MITSUBISHI)"

As to where to get it, I almost don't want to get into it, because everyone has their favorite.

So, in no particular order, there is:

OEM motorcycle and ATV parts from Honda, Yamaha & Polaris – Cycle Parts Warehouse

There is:

Service Honda Home of the CR500AF 500AF 500AFX Junior-X - Honda Motorcycle Parts

There is:

Ohio, Florida, Honda, Parts, Accessories, dealer, Honda Direct LIne

Load in the part number, compare prices / shipping, and make your decision from that.

Gray Market

3. DANIMAL

DANIMAL New Member

DO you have the broken one? I have one but it is missing a screw. the one that holds the black plastic cap on. covers the back of the fuel pump where the brushes are. pump works but no screw. it is a long screw. Like I said it works, I know, I tested it. $20.00 and it is yours.

i can send you some pics tomorrow.

4. ats1080

ats1080 New Member

United States
    Map
    thanks guys, but i hooked the pump up to a 12v source and it did turn on. ive got electrical problems. if anyone wants to buy my bike that lives in the lancaster, PA area, let me know. theres pictures of it in my profile

5. ats1080

ats1080 New Member

United States
    Map
    does anyone know what could be the problem when the fuel pump doesnt get enough power? im certain this is the problem, because i took the fuel pump out of the picture and connected the 2 fuel hoses with a piece of copper pipe. it runs fine like this until you hit the throttle good, then it kinda sputters because its not getting enough gas. i tested the voltage going to the fuel pump and its about 6.25v. i dont know if thats right or not, seems like it should be 12v. i have the flow chart for finding electrical problems, and im gonna run through it sooner or later, but i got an 07 GSX-R 600 last week and i love it. ive been riding it too much to work on the vfr. anyway, the vfr is still for sale if anyone is interested.