Replacement Throttle Cables too lon,g

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by MPM, Feb 21, 2009.

1. MPM

MPM New Member

Guys

I purchased a set of ProMotion throttle cables from bike bandit for my 85 VF700F. I went out this morning to install them, but after comparing them to the ones that came off my bike the new ones are about a foot too long. Did I get the wrong ones? or are the new ones more Universal? Did the previous owner put the wrong cables in?

Along with those questions can some one post pics of how their cables are routed on their bike.

I could use any help here cause the warm weather is coming.

Thanks Matt

2. MPM

MPM New Member

Quick bit of research since I had a few seconds, looks like I got sent the wrong ones. Motion Pro part number 02-0103 are for a VF700S (84-85), I guess I need to call up bike bandit. Anyone know how their return policy is (I was exactly neat when I opened the packaging, like a kid in a candy store wanting my first spring like ride)

Matt

3. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    they should take it back....they sent you the wrong one, hopefully you get the right ones.

4. MPM

MPM New Member

Well, BikeBandit is taking the return, but they do not have any throttle cables for my application. Any buddy have any ideas? Im assuming that an 83-85 VF700F and VF750F cables would work right?