Want to Buy - VF1000R

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by wrwaustralia, Mar 12, 2009.

1. wrwaustralia

wrwaustralia New Member

Hi Guys,

I want to purchase a 1986 VF1000R (E/F/G models) in the next few months.

Back in the 1980's I was lucky enough to own most of the high performance bikes of that era ... all except the VF1000R.

Now I'm 43 yrs and have some spare cash, I wish to purchase a VF1000R in immaculate condition. The more original it is, the more I'm willing to pay.

I look at things simply, why pay thousands of dollars in hard to source parts and mechanical repairs to bring an average bike to above average condition .... when you can pay the same for an immaculate, low kms version.

I've restored enough bikes in the past ... there's no glamour there, only frustration, especially when the bike is approaching 25 yrs old

If you can point me in the right direction, provide information, and I do purchase that particular bike, there's a AUS $500 Finder Fee in it for you. No hard work should go unrewarded.

Email me : wn.whittaker@bigpond.com

Thanks guys .... Warren (Melbourne, Australia)

2. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    It's always good to see people wanting to own a piece of history. Your situation and logic sounds a lot like mine. I started my search for exactly what you're looking for back in 2002 and finally found one with 3400 miles on it in 2008. It took some time, but was worth the wait. Good luck in your search and let us know how it progresses. I will certainly let you know if I come across one.