Gutted exhaust for sale

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by northernrider, Apr 14, 2009.

1. northernrider

northernrider New Member

Map
    Not for sale yet or I would of put it in the clasiffied form , but I'm wondering what is the going price for stock fully gutted exhaust ?
    The exhaust has 10000 km on it

2. gdl

gdl New Member

I can't speak from actual experience but I can tell you what I recently had in mind for a maximum when I was looking for one. That would be $200. My thinking was that you can typically buy a stock exhaust for $100 to $150. Add in the cost for hole saws and cutoff wheels or welding, depending on which way you do the gut, and you're in the $200 vicinity. I ended up buying a stock set off ebay for $95 shipped and did a half gut, cutting open only the left can and pulling the baffles out.

Didn't you just recently do the gut on yours? Just curious, why are you looking to get rid of it already?

3. Seanzo

Seanzo New Member

I just bought a fully gutted 6th gen setup for $150 + $22 shipping on ebay. The seller also nicely polished all the heat shields to a mirror finish.

4. 2wheels4me

2wheels4me New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey, I was watching those on ebay and was going to bid on them. Unfortunately, I fell asleep and missed the the dead line, at least they went to a fellow forum member.

5. northernrider

northernrider New Member

Map
    Well I did the full gutting of the cans ,the sounds alright ,but speed and power always seems to get the best of me ,there is a guy almost at my back door that has a Remus Ti exhaust power commander with a custom map K&N ,I might just get that along with catless headers .hey anyone know if moving to catless headers make that big of a difference in reponce, or is it only minamal

6. Seanzo

Seanzo New Member

Yep, thanks for not bidding. My max was $150, I wouldn't of paid more for them. The guy even polished the clamp to a mirror finish. They are a complete gut, I can look in and see the exhaust inlet in the back. I love the rumble. It's also nice to be able to swap my stock exhaust back on. Takes me about 15 minutes max now. :thumbsup:

7. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Member

United States
    I am interested if you decide to sell

Regards
    Rollin