Help! How to unplug the license plate light?

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by topspin_flyer, Apr 25, 2009.

1. topspin_flyer

topspin_flyer New Member

Sounds deceptively simple, but I cannot figure it out. I am trying to install the Competition Werks fender eliminator kit on my 6 gen and I am stuck. This was suppose to be a simple 20 minute job but what do I know, I play with spreadsheets for a living and thus I have no mechanical fortitude what so ever. Anyone who has installed such a kit? I would greatly appreciate an idiot proof explanation as to how this would be done.

Thanks in advance.

2. Y2Kviffer

Y2Kviffer Insider

United States
    Map
    On my 5th gen it plugs together under the seat. I would think yours would be similar.

3. VFRstar

VFRstar New Member

Map
    If I remember right.... You take the seat off and fish around the back part by the light, you'll find the little white plug. The hole the wire goes through barely big enough to get the plug through and takes a little work. I found it mush easier to unplug it from the top and then carefully pull it through the hole.

4. topspin_flyer

topspin_flyer New Member

Thanks guys, that is exactly it, the white plug is it but I hadn't dealt with anything like that before so I was clueless how to unplug it. Also, huge thanks to "Toe Cutter" who helped me in real time in the chat box. You all make this site an awesome resource! Thanks!!!!

Scott

5. CrazyInNYC

CrazyInNYC New Member

Yeah, that was a tough connector...

Here's Toe Cutter's advice from chat this am, should anyone else have this issue: