clutch problems

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by v-4 pilot, Jun 5, 2009.

1. v-4 pilot

v-4 pilot New Member

Map
    Ok so I dropped my bike in the garage (another story) the only damage was
    my clutch lever bent forward and the resevoir was milky looking. So I cleaned
    the out the apple sauce looking stuff, replaced fluid and bled the line out but
    while bleeding the line clear brake fluid is comming out the bleeder but I am
    not building up a lot of pressure when I close the bleeder and pump the lever
    and I have filled the resevior up twice. Also I checked the line and the slave
    cylinder and rebuilt the resevior.:confused: Any Ideas

2. jobvfr

jobvfr New Member

A couple of years ago I crashed my ZX-11 and had a problem with the clutch. Replaced the lever and bled -- no good. After diss-assembling the res/cyl assembly I found the piston cup damaged from getting hit. I tried a re-build, but not much better and finally replaced the cyl assbly. I don't know if this is your problem,but it sound like same prob.
    Try to see if the system is building pressure at the bleeder by opening and putting your finger on it. You should not be able to hold the pressure (messy, and watch the eyes!)
    Dropping/crashing sucks!

3. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    USE a C-clamp over the slave cylinder to fully retract it and try more bleeding.......

4. v-4 pilot

v-4 pilot New Member

Map
    Got it fixed, bled system through the banjo bolt at the resevior it was a messy job but only took 5 min. First crack of the banjo bolt had 90% of the feel in the lever a couple more times and A/C/G.:smile: