Valve adjustment for 2005 with 28k .....

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by nevik001, Jul 1, 2009.

1. nevik001

nevik001 New Member

Howdy

My 05 has been running GREAT ever since i got it with only 2k <no knockin of any sort>, but now I have 28k an is supposedly due for a valve adjustment.

My Question is: How long can I push my bike before I'm in any kind of trouble?

I dont really drive the bike tooo hard and it seems to be running perfect.

So im finding it hard to dish out the cash...

Thanks for your time

2. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Member

Canada
    Map
    I've not done one yet but have kept track of many who have. The norm is that if you have them checked when your supposed to there will be approximately 0-3 valves out and not by very much. Most people that I have talked to say they will wait a lot longer before they do their next one, but that's easy to say when you've had it done.

I'm personally going to wait until I "feel" the need. This is one of those topics that's going to have many different opinions. If your looking for a general one off answer you probably won't get it. Maybe look around for someone trustworthy that can do it for you without breaking the bank if money is your only concern. It will be a project I do myself and or have someone do it for me if the price is right and I trust them. I don't like other people touching my bike though...

oh and there is a guy out there who has never done one and say's he's not going to and is over 69k miles.

3. nevik001

nevik001 New Member

thanks Jason