The bike is too tall!

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by zabut, Jul 4, 2009.

1. zabut

zabut New Member

Hi I just bought a vf 500 in very good conditions, I love the bike but comparing it to a friends vf 500 I noticed tha mine is way too high! is about 5cm taller! so I measured the fork and is about 5cm longer, and also the rear wheel sticks out more then my friends bike. Looks like the previous owner was averi tall man! Can anybody explain me why the bike is like this and how can I lower it?

Thanks and regards

Chris

2. matt1986vf500f

matt1986vf500f New Member

United States
    Map
    adjust the fork tubes, pull them up that will bring the front end down! But you will lose some ground clearance, the rear i am not to sure about i guess you could let some air out but the will affect alot more then ground clearance, best bet for the rear is to buy a F4I rear shock and let jmaie throw you a shorter spring on it..Daugherty Motorsports - Motorcycle Suspension Performance and Modification

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  3. zabut

zabut New Member

thank you Matt, that I could do, but I'm still wondering why this other bike is lower and the fork is not adjusted(I checked it close). actually the fork tube stiks out from the lower part about 5 cm less than mine.

4. matt1986vf500f

United States
    Map
    i dont have a clue to tell you the truth why it would be that way? really if the bike rides good with no problems hell ride it!

5. matt1986vf500f

United States
    Map
    i was just looking through your photo gallery, unless you got your forks painted or powder coated red, those look like stock 86 VF500 forks? the stock color for the 85's are black and those dont look like the stock wheels either....who did you buy this from? you might go back and talk to them and see if they have done anything different?

6. deepdish

deepdish Banned

purgatory.........................................
    let some air out of your tires it will lower the bike but makes it hard to steer...........