Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 151 to 169 of 169

Thread: Kansas VFRs

  1. #151
    Senior Member zombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Guelph Ontario
    Country
    My Ride
    2002 Honda VFR800Fi
    Posts
    439
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 102 Times in 77 Posts
    I would like to try the touring screen, I can't believe the difference it made getting a new helmet this year that actually fits!


    Dyslexics are teople poo !

  2. #152
    Crazy Canuck

    Jeff_Barrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Country
    My Ride
    '02 VFR 800 - Black (RIP) '02 VFR 800 ABS - Silver '84 VF1000F Interceptor
    Posts
    3,429
    Thanks
    2,820
    Thanked 1,379 Times in 985 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    I would like to try the touring screen, I can't believe the difference it made getting a new helmet this year that actually fits!
    ... if you're ever out this way ...

  3. #153
    Senior Member zombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Guelph Ontario
    Country
    My Ride
    2002 Honda VFR800Fi
    Posts
    439
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 102 Times in 77 Posts
    I will certainly let you know. I'm heading out to St. Johns for a couple of days next week, wrong way though.
    Sorry for the thread hijack, turning it into a Canadian thread now... need a mod to change the title now please.....

    Dyslexics are teople poo !

  4. #154
    Crazy Canuck

    Jeff_Barrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Country
    My Ride
    '02 VFR 800 - Black (RIP) '02 VFR 800 ABS - Silver '84 VF1000F Interceptor
    Posts
    3,429
    Thanks
    2,820
    Thanked 1,379 Times in 985 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    I will certainly let you know. I'm heading out to St. Johns for a couple of days next week, wrong way though.
    Sorry for the thread hijack, turning it into a Canadian thread now... need a mod to change the title now please.....
    Bwahaha!!!

    Are you taking the bike out East??

  5. #155
    Senior Member zombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Guelph Ontario
    Country
    My Ride
    2002 Honda VFR800Fi
    Posts
    439
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 102 Times in 77 Posts
    Flying, it's for work. Would love to ride some of the roads there though, just not after dark. Those moose are BIG!

    Dyslexics are teople poo !

  6. #156
    Crazy Canuck

    Jeff_Barrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Country
    My Ride
    '02 VFR 800 - Black (RIP) '02 VFR 800 ABS - Silver '84 VF1000F Interceptor
    Posts
    3,429
    Thanks
    2,820
    Thanked 1,379 Times in 985 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Flying, it's for work. Would love to ride some of the roads there though, just not after dark. Those moose are BIG!
    Hell yes they are!!

    Have a safe trip ... back to our regular thread programming ... lol

  7. #157
    Senior Member ictghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kansas, the Land of OZ
    Country
    My Ride
    07 Candy Glory Red Honda VFR800 Interceptor 08 Titanium Level II GL1800 Goldwing
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 57 Times in 36 Posts
    Just had a big Quake in Kansas! Getting texts from friends in Oklahoma, Texas Nebraska and Missouri.

    Update - This one is being reported as a 5.3, centered in Cushing Oklahoma

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to ictghost For This Useful Post:

    A.M (11-07-2016)

  9. #158
    Crazy Canuck

    Jeff_Barrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Country
    My Ride
    '02 VFR 800 - Black (RIP) '02 VFR 800 ABS - Silver '84 VF1000F Interceptor
    Posts
    3,429
    Thanks
    2,820
    Thanked 1,379 Times in 985 Posts
    Ouch. I was there for that last 5.3 ... my first quake ever.

    I hope everyone is Ok.

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

  10. #159
    Senior Member gigemVFR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    TEXAS
    Country
    My Ride
    2002 VFR
    Posts
    545
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 212 Times in 143 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ictghost View Post
    Just had a big Quake in Kansas! Getting texts from friends in Oklahoma, Texas Nebraska and Missouri.

    Update - This one is being reported as a 5.3, centered in Cushing Oklahoma
    Wow!

    http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...100075y8%22%7D

    http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...75y8#executive

  11. #160
    Crazy Canuck

    Jeff_Barrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Country
    My Ride
    '02 VFR 800 - Black (RIP) '02 VFR 800 ABS - Silver '84 VF1000F Interceptor
    Posts
    3,429
    Thanks
    2,820
    Thanked 1,379 Times in 985 Posts
    They seriously need to stop fracking down there it sounds like.

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

  12. #161
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Country
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Arghhhh!!!!!!

    For various STUPID reasons I sold my VFR. Now I discover this thread, you all look like a fun bunch of people to be riding with.

    Want it back... (photos at Clinton Lake. I am from Olathe)
    Attached Images Attached Images

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Abandoned Track For This Useful Post:

    A.M (11-07-2016)

  14. #162
    Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Country
    Posts
    14,621
    Thanks
    457
    Thanked 1,363 Times in 1,163 Posts
    Dorothy here. I have moved in with a bunch of midgets in Oz.

  15. #163
    Uber Guru Terry Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Country
    My Ride
    VFR800 5th Gen 1999, 1997 VTR1000F, 1990 ST1100
    Posts
    1,427
    Thanks
    381
    Thanked 668 Times in 431 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Badbilly View Post
    Dorothy here. I have moved in with a bunch of midgets in Oz.
    They seriously need to stop fracking down there it sounds like.
    I ride faster than slow riders, and slower than fast ones.

  16. #164
    Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Country
    Posts
    14,621
    Thanks
    457
    Thanked 1,363 Times in 1,163 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Smith View Post
    They seriously need to stop fracking down there it sounds like.
    Whoops, I meant the "other" OZ.

  17. #165
    Uber Guru

    A.M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Country
    My Ride
    2006 VFR800, Former Owner: 2000 CBR600F4 2011 CBR250RR
    Posts
    2,188
    Thanks
    4,142
    Thanked 1,339 Times in 859 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandoned Track View Post
    For various STUPID reasons I sold my VFR. Now I discover this thread, you all look like a fun bunch of people to be riding with.

    Want it back... (photos at Clinton Lake. I am from Olathe)
    What do you have now?
    Where are you located?
    Beautiful photos!!!!

  18. #166
    Uber Guru

    A.M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Country
    My Ride
    2006 VFR800, Former Owner: 2000 CBR600F4 2011 CBR250RR
    Posts
    2,188
    Thanks
    4,142
    Thanked 1,339 Times in 859 Posts
    Haha, BB...Oz is where it's at!!

    These quakes are ridiculous. Just heard on radio that there were injuries. Schools closed. Some evacuations. But the fracking oil companies won't be held liable. This has to stop. I'm all for local oil production and independence. But stop fracking.

  19. #167
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    KC Metro
    Country
    My Ride
    2002 VFR800; 2006 Yamaha Vmax 1200
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Attention all Kansas Viffers!

    Did you see the letter to the editor in a recent Rider magazine, regarding a one-day ride from Lebanon, KS, the geographical center of the U.S., to Rugby, ND, the geographical center of North America? It's held on the Saturday nearest the summer solstice, which is June 24th, 2017.

    The Smackdab Run takes Hwy 281 from Lebanon to Rugby, and is approximately 675 miles, one-way. Riders can participate in small or large groups, or solo, as it is a loosely organized run. There are motels in both Lebanon and Rugby, unless you want to IronButt it up and back!

    For more information and to (optionally) register, go to www.smackdab281.org

    See you there!

    Master Ho
    Last edited by MasterHo; 01-31-2017 at 11:10 AM.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to MasterHo For This Useful Post:

    vmotorman (02-11-2017)

  21. #168
    Crazy Canuck

    Jeff_Barrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Country
    My Ride
    '02 VFR 800 - Black (RIP) '02 VFR 800 ABS - Silver '84 VF1000F Interceptor
    Posts
    3,429
    Thanks
    2,820
    Thanked 1,379 Times in 985 Posts
    Right out in my neck of the woods ... about a 3 hour ride to Rugby, ND from my place.

  22. #169
    Uber Guru

    A.M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Country
    My Ride
    2006 VFR800, Former Owner: 2000 CBR600F4 2011 CBR250RR
    Posts
    2,188
    Thanks
    4,142
    Thanked 1,339 Times in 859 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHo View Post
    Attention all Kansas Viffers!

    Did you see the letter to the editor in a recent Rider magazine, regarding a one-day ride from Lebanon, KS, the geographical center of the U.S., to Rugby, ND, the geographical center of North America? It's held on the Saturday nearest the summer solstice, which is June 24th, 2017.

    The Smackdab Run takes Hwy 281 from Lebanon to Rugby, and is approximately 675 miles, one-way. Riders can participate in small or large groups, or solo, as it is a loosely organized run. There are motels in both Lebanon and Rugby, unless you want to IronButt it up and back!

    For more information and to (optionally) register, go to www.smackdab281.org

    See you there!

    Master Ho
    Thanks for the info! I hadn't known about this run until now. I may not be back from my summer trip by then, but if I am and have any tire left, I'll let you know. :)


Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. VFR Classifieds in Kansas
    By amoe in forum USA - Central
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 07:04 AM
  2. new to vfrs
    By poidog in forum General VFR Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-06-2008, 07:15 PM
  3. How many VFRs?
    By michael in forum General VFR Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 10:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •