American Honda Motor Company's Powersports Division announced today the release of the much-anticipated 2010 VFR1200F.
"This is one of the most exciting motorcycles in Honda's history," said Powersports Press Manager Bill Savino. "The VFR1200F establishes a whole new definition of performance motorcycling, one that taps into Honda's rich V-4 VFR heritage and extends it into the future of Honda motorcycling. The new technology within this motorcycle is flat-out amazing and it all works together in a manner that takes the VFR1200F strides forward in how a high-end machine looks, works and feels. This is a sport motorcycle that will leave you smiling and ready for more even after you've been riding for hours on end."
2010_Honda_VFR.jpgThe 2010 VFR1200F embodies the next generation of new motorcycle technology, resulting in unsurpassed rider benefits for those in search of a sporting motorcycle that truly transcends common bounds. Honda's V-4 heritage has been re-invented in astonishingly innovative form through the fusion of advanced technology to craft a futuristic sport motorcycle created for the sheer joy of riding, custom tailored for experienced hands who ride hard, ride long, ride far and ride often.
Just a few of the incredible features and benefits found in the VFR1200F include Honda MotoGP engine technology and architecture; a light and compact 1237cc liquid-cooled 76-degree V-4 that pumps out amazing levels of power; Throttle By Wire for next-generation throttle response; lightweight and compact Unicam valvetrain allows for significantly smaller cylinder heads; optional Dual Clutch Automatic Transmission with manual mode and automatic mode with two D/S modes and paddle-style shifters; Honda slipper clutch in the manual-shift VFR1200F; GP technology layer-concept aero fairing for unrivaled air management and futuristic style; next-generation shaft drive system with offset pivot point and sliding constant-velocity joint for a new level of shaft-drive performance and control.
The VFR1200F will be available at Honda dealers in Spring of 2010.
Features and Benefits:
Drawing from a longstanding legacy of innovation within Honda's V-4 lineup, the 2010 VFR1200F embodies the new generation of V-4 technology and unsurpassed rider benefits, setting the stage for Honda's next 50 years. Honda's V-4 heritage and VFR tradition is fully realized in the VFR1200F. It has been re-created in astonishingly innovative form through the fusion of advanced technology imported from the MotoGP world and other cutting-edge environments. Net result: a futuristic sport motorcycle created for the sheer joy of riding, custom tailored for experienced hands who ride hard, ride long, ride far and ride often.
* Honda MotoGP V-4 engine technology and architecture bring cutting-edge performance to the VFR1200F.
* Unique cylinder layout with rear two cylinders located innermost on the crankshaft and front cylinders located outboard narrows the rider interface aboard the VFR1200F.
* Throttle By Wire for next-generation throttle response.
* Optional Dual Clutch Automatic Transmission with manual mode and automatic mode with two D/S modes and paddle-style shifters offers unparalleled freedom through innovative technology.
* Next-generation shaft drive system with offset pivot point and sliding constant-velocity joint for a new level of shaft-drive performance and control.
* Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
* Light and compact 1237cc liquid-cooled 76-degree V-4 pumps out amazing levels of power with a distinctive V-4 feel and sound.
* Symmetrically Coupled Phase-shift Crankshaft uses 28-degree crankpin offset to eliminate primary engine vibration.
* Asymmetrical exhaust lengths between front and rear cylinders boost power production and enhance power feel.
* Lightweight and compact Unicam valvetrain allows for significantly smaller cylinder heads.
* Honda slipper clutch in manual-shift model allows unencumbered sport riding.
* GP technology layer-concept aero fairing for unrivaled air management.
* Honda Pro Arm single-sided swingarm with single gas-charged shock delivers cutting-edge rear suspension action; features handy remote spring preload adjuster, rebound damping adjustability and 5.1 inches of travel.
* Stout, sport-oriented 43mm inverted cartridge fork with spring preload adjustability and 4.7 inches of travel.
* New controls with smoother and more precise tactile feel enhance the riding experience.
* New-technology seat construction permits a higher level of seat shaping and forming details.
* Saddlebag mounts come standard on both versions of the VFR1200F.
Model: VFR1200F / VFR1200F with Dual Clutch Automatic Transmission
Engine Type: 1237cc liquid-cooled 76° V-4
Bore and Stroke: 81mm x 60mm
Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
Valve Train: SOHC; four valves per cylinder
Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, 44mm throttle bodies and 12-hole injectors
Ignition: Digital transistorized with electronic advance
Transmission: Six-speed (VFR1200F) / Six-speed automatic with two modes and manual mode (VFR1200F with Dual Clutch Automatic Transmission)
Final Drive: Shaft
Suspension: Front: 43mm cartridge fork with spring preload adjustability; 4.7 inches travel
Rear: Pro Arm single-side swingarm with Pro-Link single gas-charged shock with remote spring preload adjustability and rebound damping adjustability; 5.1 inches travel
Brakes: Front: Dual full-floating 320mm discs with CBS six-piston calipers with ABS
Rear: Single 276mm disc with CBS two-piston caliper with ABS
Tires Front: 120/70 ZR17 radial
Rear: 190/55 ZR17 radial
Wheelbase: 60.8 inches (1545mm)
Rake (Caster angle): 25°30’
Trail: 101.0mm (4.0 inches)
Seat Height: 32.1 inches (815mm)
Fuel Capacity: 4.9 gallons
Curb Weight*: 591 pounds (VFR1200F) / 613 pounds (VFR1200F with Dual Clutch Automatic Transmission)
Source: Honda USA
Discuss the VFR1200F in the VFRworld Forums
2010 VFR1200F Photo Gallery