Considering VFR UPDATE

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by ThinkingVFR, Oct 16, 2009.

1. ThinkingVFR

ThinkingVFR New Member

Hi everyone!

I really appreciated everyone's input on the VFR. I ended buying the VFR800 for my hubby. I went and picked it up on Wednesday and rode it home. It was VERY NICE! I can definitely see me riding one of these on a regular basis in the future. I had no problem riding it at all, which made me very happy because I seriously LOVE the looks of the '07 Anniversary Bike. I bought this bike locally from the original owner. Absolutely mint condition with only 3400 miles on it. He can't ride it due to back problems. He kept it up even though it sat in the garage mostly. He still had all paperwork/books/etc and his bill of sale for the bike and a battery tender which he gave with the bike.

Once I got it home I detailed it up a bit. It was pretty darn clean, so there really wasn't too much to do over all. Covered it in the garage. Kids and I made a card thanking him for being a great dad and husband and that this little gift was just a token to show how much we cared. I wrapped the second key in a jewelrey box that clearly was such. It wasn't a foo foo sort of box though, so easily could have housed a man's ring. He is not a jewelry guy so I wanted him to think he was going to have to pretend he appreciated something that he really didn't like before he opened the box. :tongue: Inside I neatly tucked the key and folded under the dealer ID tag with year, color, make, and model of the bike.

He got home. We gave him the card and gift. He opened the box and apparently was thinking exactly what I thought he would. He then opened the box marked "Celtic Designs" and saw the key and was a bit confused even though it says HONDA right on the key itself. He took it out and read the tag, and his jaw dropped and he said, "you bought that bike?" I told him, "Yes, I did". His next question..."Where is IT!?" LOL. He had to go check it out of course. I told him it is already registered in his name, insured, and ready to roll! He still couldn't believe it. He kept saying no one had ever done anything like that before for him. He was so happy, excited, and completely surprised. I then gave him all the paperwork which was all the booklets, owner's manual, bill of sale from the dealer.

He deserved it. It was time he upgraded out of the 80's anyway! LOL

Below is a pic taken on with my phone, so not the best quality, but it shows the nice bike!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  2. vfr=>

vfr=> New Member

United States
    Map
    Wow. What a gal! I hope your husband realizes what a lucky guy he is. This story put a smile on MY face.... Enjoy a great motorcycle.

3. Seamus07

Seamus07 New Member

I didn't catch your earlier postings, but saw this one. That's a helluva great story. I showed it to my wife, now she tells me she feels inadequate. I'm sure your husband knows that he's a fortunate man. Have fun with the new bike!

4. Fazer1Sniper

Fazer1Sniper New Member

Is a great story. Hope you both enjoy yourselves.

5. TimRav

TimRav New Member

What a great story, and a terrific gift!! :smile:

Your husband is a lucky man. Hope he shows his gratitude (in part) by taking you for a ride on that fine machine! :cool:

6. vthoky

vthoky New Member

United States
    Nice job, ma'am!

7. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Member

United States
    Do you mind having a heart to heart talk with my wife LOL ? Very cool that you would do this for your man and also very cool that you are able to ride a Viffer with no problem. What was hubby's ride prior to this?

Regards,
    Rollin

8. ThinkingVFR

ThinkingVFR New Member

Thanks for the kind compliments guys. I suppose it doesn't hurt that I am a motorcycle lover myself. My hubby's prior ride was a 1982 Yamaha XJ1100, hence the comment for the need for him to come out of the 80's.

I had posted here earlier about myself being interested in the VFR800 and if I was being realistic in wanting one when ready to graduate up from my Ninja 500R. I went to go look at one locally, really just to see how it fit since I had never sat on one, or looked up close at one. I just loved how they looked. Hubby ended up being off work that day, and he took it for a test ride and his response told me I just had to surprise him with it because I knew he would never do it for himself. He would for me, but not for himself.

9. ilovheros

ilovheros New Member

Map
    What a great person and wife you must be. Your hub is a lucky man, he will never forget this even when he is a very old man and can no longer ride.

10. craigandi

craigandi New Member

you are my hero.

11. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Wow, Do you have a sister...................? lol
    Great story and thanks for sharing. You are a great wife I am sure your husband really appreciated. Ride safe
    BTW, You folk from central coast but never participate in SLO gathering......Hope to see you both in SLO 2010.

12. MrDen

MrDen New Member

What a great story! Welcome to the madness & addiction that is the VFR. I hope it brings both of you many great miles/smiles.:thumbsup::biggrin:

13. Richard Thompson

Richard Thompson New Member

Map
    Way to Go Melissa....:thumbsup:

Now....go find that 07 RWB anniversary model for yourself..:rolleyes:

14. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

Wow,Awesome story.:thumbsup: That just made my whole day. My grin kept getting bigger and bigger as I read your post. Your hubby is one LUCKY man! Melissa,YOU ABSOLUTELY ROCK GIRL!!!:rockon:

What Richard said. ^^^
    Go get that RWB for yourself,atta girl,you earned it.

15. V4 Dude

V4 Dude New Member

Nice story, thanks for sharing.

16. motorhead1977

motorhead1977 New Member

United States
    Map
    :angel::party2: You have restored my belief in marriage, at least for the two of you! Since he already knows he is such a lucky guy, TELL HIM AGAIN! :thumbsup: