The Adventures of Socky the VFRW Sock Monkey

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by vfourbear, Jan 14, 2010.

1. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    It has been recommended that I start a thread here on the Anything Goes forum so that those that have an interest may comment easily and those wishing to add may do so all in one place, rather than have numerous blog posts.

I know that recently there has been some effort made to prevent our fine VFRW from spinning completely out of control and becoming nothing more than a place to act like clowns; at the expense of losing the important function of serving as advice on tech matters, ride reports, social gatherings, etc. I support that effort. But since winter sidelines many riders, and because I believe we are capable of doing all that and having fun at the same time, I offer this little diversion for those so inclined. The rest of you can go shit in your hat. I'm kidding.

Herein is the backstory on Socky the VFRW Sock Monkey.

Many moons ago while on the chat room with various wags that populate this board, amidst the alcohol and substance fueled dialogue that ensued somehow the question came up where someone asked someone else "Well why didnt you do that? Were you scared?" I dont even remember the exact question but of course someone replied "I aint scareda nothin" to which I replied "I aint either, except for sock monkeys". Which is true, they do creep me out.

Fast forward to a fireside chat at a racetrack in California, where the sock monkey business once more became the topic of silly and twisted minds.

Now fast forward to Christmas just past, when one Vfourbear receives in his mailbox a sock monkey sent to him by Drewl.........

The rest of this story will be played out in copies of my original blog posts that follow and others as time goes on. After originally blogging the beginning of this little game Michael informed me through a post that it reminded him of the VFRD "flaf", something I didnt know existed, so I looked it up on VFRD where I am also a member but dont spend any time except to lurk on occasion, nothing against them, this place just happens to be my first VFR home.

So far Socky has been from Susanville Ca to Louisville Ky to Central New Jersey and will soon be going to 02VFRRider in CT (I think thats where he is)

on 12-29-2009 at 07:22 PM (84 Views)
    You shouldnt care too much about your avatar.

And you should also be careful about telling folks the things you do not like, lest you get them from wags (DREWL) at VFRW as Christmas presents in the mail.

Since the cat is out of the bag anyway, sock monkeys creep me out. So now I have one. Inside my house. Waiting for me to fall asleep.

As you can see by my new avatar pic, he very nearly departed this world this afternoon. However, being the kind person I am, I couldnt see blowing his evil head off, its not his fault he's evil, he's a sock monkey.

So here's what I'm going to do, if you want this sock monkey, or you want to send it to someone here on VFRW as a gag, pm me your address and I will send it to you, the only thing I request is that you keep him for a bit and then send him to another VFRW member, that way he can travel the world and get out of my house.

Let me know if youre interested. He's already traveled from Susanville, Ca to Louisville Ky.

When you get him, take a pic with him, you decide on the composition of the pic, then post it.[​IMG]
    • [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]on 12-30-2009 at 10:22 AM (99 Views)
    Ok.

So last night I start hearing noises coming from the kitchen. I get up out of bed and slip into the room and throw on the lights.....

This is what I see (click on the photo for the larger version)

[​IMG]

Thats a decent Sol Cubano with conneticutt wrapper. And you can see the little bastard is already listing to starboard.

So we had a little talk. He was supposed to stay by the computer last night with the door shut. One more such incident and we go back to the avatar pic.

So far I have received two offers to take him in, one from the East Coast and one from the West Coast. I will give it another couple days or so and then he will be off to some other lucky VFRW member to deal with, I want to give everyone interested a chance.

You can take him to the strip club, take him to church, take him riding with you, I dont care, just post of pic of the further adventures of Socky.

I have locked the liquor cabinet
    Update: The Adventures of Socky

on 12-30-2009 at 04:23 PM (65 Views)
    Socky will be departing soon for New Jersey. Wasnt too happy about it, but after he got to sit on the bike some he got over his being upset at having to travel again so soon. Besides, I dont like sock monkeys. (click on the photos for larger versions)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a bit of sitting on the 5th Gen, it was time to try out the new box. This he was not happy with, but after some coaxing he snapped right into line. Mr .357 speaks a language everyone understands. Mr .357 says, "Just shut up and get in the damn box"

[​IMG]

Tomorrow Socky goes to visit Elwray, another of our VFRW members, where I hope he enjoys himself, long as he's out of here. Creeps me out. After that , he may being going to visit with 02VFR Rider, we'll see

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now you have some backstory on Socky, and soon there will be other posts from other Socky hosts. I know that Elwray will soon be adding Socky's "Joisey" adventures.

Enjoy.

Oh and if our most highly esteemed and gentle benevolent mods would like to make this a sticky, that would be ok.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  2. elwray

elwray New Member

United States
    Map
    And to copy my blog posts into here:

Socky arrived to my house safe and sound late last week from vfourbear.

First thing we did together is my weekly wintertime ritual, which is sit on the bike in the garage and go "vrroom vroroommmmm vrrooom".

[​IMG]

Then Socky got to check out my new fairing on the VTX... unfortunately he wasn't able to find anyone local to paint it either!

[​IMG]

Then it was off to Marsh Creek State Park in PA for a Subaru meet on Saturday.

[​IMG]

Altogether we had 38 cars, all of which were Subarus (mostly WRX/STI) aside from a Nissan GTR :)drool:), a Chevy Cobalt SS, and an Acura Integra.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then we got home and had to check on the beer that I've got fermenting. Socky approves of the American Amber Ale!

[​IMG]

Socky said he will stick around for another day or two, before he continues to the next leg of his journey; visiting 02 VFR Rider in New England. But before he left, he said he wanted to have an "authentic New Jersey experience" ... and who am I to deny a socky monkey's request?

Here is Socky, "sleepin' wit da fishes"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, now he is satisfied and ready to mosey.

Keep an eye out for Socky, 02 VFR Rider!

*Note: No sock monkeys were harmed in the making of this post*

3. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

damn sending me a muder victim. you try'n to frame me for the murder of socky

4. elwray

elwray New Member

United States
    Map
    Just wanted to add that member Comicus expressed interest in having Socky visit, and he also has to get to crustyrider as well!

5. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    I had no real rules in mind for this game, so I guess we just play it by ear, whoever has Socky decides where he goes next.

Fair warning, Socky is a sock monkey, never forget that. He may be able to subtlely influence your decisions.

With that in mind, dont ask him what the best oil, tires, chain, exhaust, etc. are for your bike. He's an evil sock monkey and there's no telling what he will say.

I would advise keeping him away from dogs too, although it works well as threat when he misbehaves.

He's already shown an affinity for beer, liquor and cigars.......be aware.

I'm pretty sure he can't program your Power Commander, and any advice he may give you on horsepower gains would be suspect. That also applies to weight reduction.

Women love Socky, I dont have to say anything else on that subject.

Socky has his name written on a tag on his butt, so you will know he's the real VFRW Sock Monkey, and not one of his hellish minions attempting to gain access to your home.

6. elwray

elwray New Member

United States
    Map
    I actually asked his opinion on those, and he told me "Slick 50" as an answer to all....

7. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map

OH MY GOD... Socky is really deepdish..... what are we ever gonna do?

8. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

Well i just got Socky today and already he is causing trouble.
    I went out to the glass shop and he got on my computer to type threats to Elwray for the fish thing.
    So I duc taped him to the bosses chair, he got out and into the bosses secrect stock of cigars.

socky1.jpg

Socky taped.jpg

100_0214.jpg

100_0212.jpg

9. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

well that did not take long for socky to get into all kinds of trouble.
    He is now M.I.A. but I called in some trackers to hunt him down.
    No order to kill has been given yet.

The tracking team.

ActionFigures.jpg

10. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    that little bastard is sneaky. when he makes it out to the west coast again, crusty and I are gonna teach him some manners...

11. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

well just got a call from Jen, our office manger, seems socky took a liking to her and slid into her car w/ her as she went to the bank.
    Tracking team is now on stand down.

12. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    I hate to say I told you so......

First the cigars, then the women. You were warned.

I have no idea what other things he may be into, I got him out of here before he could do any more damage.

I'm telling you people, he's a damn SOCK MONKEY. Those things are known for their creepiness.

Soon it will be ,"Hey, where's my car keys?" or "Why are the wifes underwear scattered all over the place?'......"Did I just hear my bike start?"...."What the hell's this credit card bill about?"

He's worse than your old college roomate, your Army buddy, your brother in law, and that crazy uncle you have all rolled into one.

Its all fun and games now, but when you hear a noise at 3am and suddenly Socky appears in different parts of the house real quickly like the jump-cut editing in horror movies it wont be so fun

Bwahahaaahahaaaaahaaaa

Good stuff 02rider.

13. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    Is Jen HAWT?

14. VFRShorty

VFRShorty New Member

socky needs to visit oregon

15. elwray

elwray New Member

United States
    Map

YES with a capital Y-E-S.

16. Comicus

Comicus New Member

United States
    Map
    Yeah it be great to have Socky come out and visit. I haven't partied with a sock monkey since my college days...those little bastards would come over and drink all the beer, smoke in the house, and then pull a cock-block move and leave with the hottest girl at the party. Just let me know and I'll pm whomever my address.

17. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    This is hilarious.......I love it, When everyone done with sock monkey send him to me I will take him to TJ for detock...................hahahha
    I got a feeling him and I will get along just fine................hahahaha :)

18. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    let me know reg? are you getting the little bastard first? whats the plan.. maybe we can do a ride down ride up transfer....hostage like

19. MrDen

MrDen New Member

Socky should definitely ride in for SLO 2010. He can hang with the clowns...

20. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

well I have to report last nite was uneventfull, Socky tried to get into trouble but with my 2 killer dogs and a maine coon cat socky spent the nite up high in the palm tree.
    Socky is not a happy camper after almost being eaten alive by the pack animals.
    He did find the rum and made a few crank calls. I hope they we not 900 numbers.