Looking to move to New Mexico, any jobs?

Discussion in 'USA - Southwest' started by Sea_Otter, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Sea_Otter

Sea_Otter New Member

Anyone point me in a direction for any places hiring that you know of? I'm an Army Vet, I have 34 certificates in Information Technology, I've done Supply and administrative work. Not afraid of doing some well paid labor though. Why the move, my father is from New Mexico and I have some family down there. To me, New Mexico, is more like home then Washington State as I have visited frequently there.

2. ZEN biker

ZEN biker New Member

you are just getting tired of the rain... and the occasional actual winter.

3. Sea_Otter

Sea_Otter New Member

Rain doesn't bother me to much, I ride in the rain a lot. I am tired of the way this state is run so liberally and how we elect horrible candidates to be our governor. We have one of the highest amounts of taxes in the country and a pretty high unemployment rate. Our governor said she just created and sustained 15000 jobs in Washington, but why did I get laid off last week and I'm state employed!? Seattle has one of the highest suicide rates in the nation, Fort Lewis has the highest suicide rate in the Army. The desert appeals more to me, its a dry heat and there is this thing they call a Sun down there... hmm

4. ZEN biker

ZEN biker New Member

is that a drink?

5. Forma0311

Forma0311 New Member

I think it depends where you are looking in New Mexico. Being a vet with IT experience you might want to check out Holloman Air Force base in Alamogordo, Ft Bliss in El Paso (40 min from Las Cruces), White Sands Missle Range (between Las Cruces and Alamogordo). It always seems like the hire a ton of civilian contractors on Ft Bliss. Hope this helps, I live in Las Cruces by the way.

6. rangemaster

rangemaster New Member

United States
    Map
    If you are interested in Albuquerque there are a bunch of Air Force and DoD 'special projects' along with Sandia National Lab and Dept. of Energy on Kirtland AFB.