first bike VFR800

Discussion in 'New Riders' started by Demon, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Demon

Demon New Member

Hello guys, we have forums in Russia is very often discussed whether to take vfr800 as a first bike. 'll Show your opinion on this subject? The first motorcycle that does not mean that man can not ride it, it means that until then he had traveled on motorcycles are absolutely not similar to the Japanese ...
    P.S. In Russia, ride on motorcycles manufactured in Russia (you're probably about such and not heard:)) such as Minsk (although it Belarussian motorcycle), Java, Planet 5 ...

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Member

United States
    I think someone should have at least 1 full year of riding experience before buying a VFR. The bike is not well suited for beginners since it's so heavy and the bodywork is expensive if dropped or wrecked. I've been riding for more than 20 years and I have never felt uncomfortable or unsafe when riding a new bike for the first time. If you take it easy and make sure to gradually get to know the bike you'll be just fine on a VFR.

Regards,
    Rollin

3. Demon

Demon New Member

Thank you for your reply.
    There is a view that the vfr too heavy and powerful for non-experienced drivers. and advised to first buy something less powerful. but my vzgyad if I try to drive carefully and responsibly then vfr may well be the first motorcycle.

4. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Hello Demon and welcome.

Driving aroung Moscow must be crazy!

BZ

5. Demon

Demon New Member

Why do you think so?
    IT IS PURE ADRENALIN....

6. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Demon - Welcome to the forum. Whether a VFR is a good choice as a first bike depends on a number of things. If you have had proper training and you are tall and strong, then its a great choice for a first bike. But a VFR can be a challenge if you are small. Its a big bike designed for fast mile munching, the downside is the weight may be a bit much for a novice rider especially at low speeds or when parking. The plus point is it is probably more reliable than most makes available in Russia. Once you have got comfortable with the weight and low speed handling, as long as you service it properly, you will find it is a great bike, which will give you many years of fun.

Skimad4x4
    6th Gen Militia #218

7. Demon

Demon New Member

Thank you for the welcome into your ranks.
    Height and weight to me enough to ride a motorcycle. I took another ride last year, on it and took the vfr. now waiting for the start of the season riding, we do it will only begin in April.

8. jdubb

jdubb New Member

The VFR was my first bike, and as long as he takes it slow there should not be a problem. People say this bike is "heavy" but I find that it i pretty balanced and have not had trouble moving it around at all (I even have a gravel driveway). I am a big believer in "getting what you want." I could have started with a smaller bike with less power, but would have considered that wasted time because it was not what I really wanted plus I would probably already be bored with it.

9. Rainbow7

Rainbow7 New Member

Привет, товарищ.

10. OliverTwisted

OliverTwisted New Member

I think something is being lost in the translation. What's the question again?My first bike was a VFR800. I recommend researching as many bike as you can and ALWAYS buy the bike YOU want. If you have never owned a bike before it will take some time to get used to no matter what bike you buy, never let anyone convince you to buy something you don't want, you'll be riding it not them. Take it slow, stay calm, practice sitting on the bike and walking it around, maybe find a large parking lot and get to know the bike. Low speed operation is most important because it can be a little trickey without experience. Most of all don't try to show off because it can bite you in the a$$ and wallet.

11. Demon

Demon New Member

Приветствую рускоговорящую часть выфероводов :)

12. Rainbow7

Rainbow7 New Member

Огpомное спасибо!

13. Demon

Demon New Member

my opinion fits vfr as first bike

14. CrazyRussian

CrazyRussian New Member

Go for it, Man.
    I got M50 from Suzuki ans my first bike, dropped it after one week.
    Got VTX 1800 2005, much bigger bike, dropped it after a year on slow parking lot practice.
    Got RWB last August, dropped it in my garage the very first day, chenged left mirror, forgot to fully extend kick-stand.
    The best bike ever form me, due that it is not in production anymore make it even better for VFR lovers.
    If you less then 5'7" you may be in trouble for an few rides, but will learn to handle it.
    If it is too much for you try new N700 from Honda - hybrid between ST1300 and VFR800.
    I love the bike and have nothing but regrets that I did not get one as my first bike.
    Forget Russian made junk, VFR is the way to go.
    If you into tracks go for 500 -600cc, those will get you in trouble much faster and give you adrenalin rush that would shake you for hours.
    Gino

15. abner malidy

abner malidy New Member

demon, welcome to the forum. i have a friend from minsk, and very much enjoy his tales from growing up over there.

in the US, we have several training programs for new (and experienced) riders. i can highly recommend them to ANY rider. even riders with years of experience often benifit from them, and it is not unusual for riders to take the same class again as a refresher.

i would think that their must be a similar formal training program available there, especially in a metro the size of moscow. ask a MC dealer in your area.

many euro countries have a "stepped" progressive licsencing protocol, where you must begin on a smaller bike, and work your way up to bigger bikes over time. i think this is for the most part a good idea. over here way too many young (inexperienced) riders get the biggest baddest bike on the planet for their 1st bike, and the results are far too often tragic.

the VFR is a great bike in almost every way.

get some formal training, good luck and most importantly- have fun!

16. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Welcome from the United State of America

17. Vanth

Vanth New Member

Map
    I just bought a 2004 and it is the first bike I have owned. Fortunately, I have ridden in the past, though it has been a number of years. VFRs rock!