1986 honda vfr700 electric problem

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by zielarz, Mar 4, 2010.

1. zielarz

zielarz New Member

Hej I got 86 vfr 700 and I got big issues with fuel pump.......its overfilling the carbs with fuel its just constantly running and then when's carbs are full. The fuel is coming out thru overfiling house who got vfr know what I'm taking about......I did that
    Jumper wire and its doing same thing.......fuel runs like crazy to carbs........does any one have any idea what's going on
    idea what is going on......I also got parts bike vfr 750 same year so I was swaping fuel pumps ralays to 700 and its doing same thing the 750 was running fine before the accident and after....so I know parts r good.....its not like fuel pump is bad couse its good.......just something also is fucked top......does any one have any ideas......solutions....
    Another isue I got witgh starting the bike from handle bar swith.....the starter raley is doing a noise..........one time. Click.......and that's it. I'm starting the bike thru starter and jumper.......any clou anyone please......?
    I got couple more prob lems with....high beam lights.....some wire fan so its runs. Non stop.....but I can fix that when I will get to those things....first must take care of that..............fuel pump.....most importand and starter.........

Please help write what u think.......

2. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    Your carbs need work, common after long storage.

Not correct to blame bad pump for overfilling carbs; instead you need to fit new FLOAT NEEDLES or clean out ones you have.

Check your fuel tank for RUST.

Seems like you need a new starter relay.

3. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    The fuel pump issue is with your carbs, the floats are not closing and over filling the carbs. Your needles and seats are leaking, the carb will stop pumping when the carbs are full and system pressure is reached. Check your start relay connector, the plug is very prone to heat damage and is the most likely cause.

4. zielarz

zielarz New Member

Hej thx for info.........but maybe I put this the wrong way....the carbs are o
    verfiling with the fuel......inside the carbs under those needles.....its not that the fuel runs from the bike like a gazar or clouged sink.......
    I tghink carbs r good ..........but gays I was reading little seen somethink that made me think
    Didn't check it on bike yet........
    I'm starting mine bike with car jumper 12v position at. Start engine.......at jumper......starting junper....maybe with I think I'm should be right.......
    The voltage. At the jumper is to high after the bike starts couse I ceep it connected after bstart couse mine battery is fucked top.....and the voltage is tgo high.....so mine fuel pump runs Faster then with regular batery and voltage and its making the fuel pump pushing more fueal and not leting bike burn itg and kiking it tru the overfiling house........

Will try to do it with smoler voltage on junper bafter starting. The bike....

Let's keep in tuch gays....btw nice bike. Insider....wish mine 86 will look like that

5. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    I'd suggest you read a biography of Nicola Tesla......... and some essays by Hunter S. Thompson.

You're a serious abuser of our language and basic logic.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  6. supertex

supertex New Member

Nice bike Insider.:pound:

7. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    It is the carbs. End of STORY. It is the seals leaking or the floats are stuck. If the seals are leaking they may seal back up if left to sit after fuel has soaked into them,but you will want to clean the carbs . Not to bust your chops but I spent more time trying to figure out what you were typing than what was wrong with your bike. Take your time when typing your posts in the future, it will help alot.

8. zielarz

zielarz New Member

ok ...thx for help anyway . Will be in touch . Sorry for mine language .will update fter I'm gonna check what sup witch
    bike

9. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    Hey Insider...you sure do know alot about the old bikes....HEY wait thats my name how did you get it?

10. alan robertson

alan robertson New Member

Don't forget to check connections on wiring harness.