Thought I'd bring this out of the classifieds and get a little more exposure, I need to sell soon. Hoping to avoid eBay, let's make a deal.
For Sale: 1985 Honda VF1000R
• Complete frame-up rebuild. Frame, swingarm & motor painted with 3 layer gloss coats.
• Motor has 10K miles. Compression readings 180-200psi across all 4 cylinders. Starts right up, no leaks.
• 12.6K miles on the odometer, 10K miles on the motor. Oil line mod was done to provide proper oil supply to the heads & cams.
• Carbs rebuilt and rejetted. Kerker slip on exhaust.
• Front wheel conversion to CBR600F2 front wheel with standard 120/70-17 tire.
• Rear wheel converted to CBR900RR wheel with standard 180/55-17 tire.
• Forks rebuilt with new bushings and seals. Fork lowers powdercoated to match original red paint. Fork tube air holes welded closed and air crossover tube eliminated.
• Upper and lower triple clamps powdercoated gloss black.
• Rear shock replaced with remote adjustable Penske unit resprung for the bike.
• New: brake pads, plugs, tapered steering bearings, thermostat, speedo cable, clipons, temperature sending unit, chain & sprockets. Seat and bump pad recovered in new vinyl.
• Body work in very good condition with some minor scratches. Rear tail and gas tank show a little fading from age.
• Gas tank was stripped and sealed with POR15 gas tank kit.
• Left & right switch gear replaced with modern Honda units.
• Has New Michelin Pilot Power tires, not shown in the pics.
• All new fluids, extra oil filters included.
• Includes rare Ventura luggage rack.
Clean California title and current registration through June 2010.