Who's riding in AZ?

Discussion in 'USA - Southwest' started by Lazy in AZ, May 3, 2010.

1. Lazy in AZ

Lazy in AZ New Member

Map
    I was just curious how many of us VFR's live in the Phoenix Metro and are participating in local rides? I'm always looking for weekend cruises/day trips in the area and am usually out cruising around every other weekend. If you know of a ride coming up or if your interested in throwing one together where we just meet up somewhere, go for a cruise and maybe have a lunch or dinner type thing, I'd like to get to know you guys out here in VFRWorld - AZ Edition :tongue:

2. Scorpio65

Scorpio65 New Member

Map
    Theres a lot of rides out here. I find a lot of rides on "meetup.com"/Moto Sport Riders of Phoenix. Its a great group of riders that ride anything from cruisers to sportbikes, and hey will never push you to ride faster than you want to..

3. MrDen

MrDen New Member

You can also check out South West Rides, an active site for rides of all types. As above, everyone is always encouraged to "ride your own ride." I ride mostly during the week, and occasionally on the weekends.

4. humvee

humvee New Member

I'm usually up for a ride, but had to head out of town on short notice for business and don't know when I'll be back. Hopefully this month! :eek:hwell:

I've checked out South West Rides as well and they seem like a good group. Haven't met or ridden with any of them yet.

Looking forward to some riding!

5. beauschmo7

beauschmo7 New Member

Anyone know where i can get a gauge cluster for my 98 vfr 800 fi? I tried bobs and they dont have one. any ideas would be awesome. Thanks Im in az also

6. DeckardVF1000R

DeckardVF1000R New Member

I'm in the Scottsdale area. I have an '86 VF1000R.

7. Lazy in AZ

Lazy in AZ New Member

Map
    Looking at setting up a ride for the last weekend of November (27th) starting in Mesa, picking up a newbie rider in Avondale and then cruising up to the South Rim via Prescott. Not sure if it's gonna be a full day (600 mile) excursion, or if we'll ride 1/2 to 3/4 of it and hang the saddles for the night, that depends on who goes and what the options/opinions are.

Commited so far are myself, a VFR buddy from Yuma, my classmate and his '09 Nightster 1200, and another classmate on an '02 Vulcan 750 (the newbie). Let me know if you're interested. I posted it on my Facebook group page if you guys/gals are into that sorta thing...

Welcome to Facebook

8. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    Might be around and on two wheels by then. I will keep an eye on this thread.
    Moving to Cottonwood and would probably be able to ride along for part of your trip.

9. AZTraveler

AZTraveler New Member

I'll be back from my stint in Salt Lake by then and bringing my VFR with me. I'm in Peoria, would enjoy tagging along.

10. Lazy in AZ

Lazy in AZ New Member

Map
    the date has been confirmed for November 27th (Saturday) to depart at my place (Ellsworth & Broadway in Mesa) about 6 am and meet up with the west siders at the movie theater parking lot at McDowell & 99th Ave in Avondale around 7am. From there it'll be a steady paced ride up thru Wickenburg, Yarnell, Prescott, Williams and then to the Grand Canyon Park.

Looking at nearly 300 miles from my place to the park entrance, so I'm figuring with breaks and lunch we'll prob get up there about 1 or 2 pm and take some photo shoots and relax a bit.

The return route will most likely be straight down I-17 to expedite our end time, but we can (and just may) stay in a hotel somewhere and continue the ride home the next day. We are looking at a Northern country high in the mid 40's to lower 50's and overnights in the 30's or lower so I'm thinking the camping thing is out of play. Definitely dress for the weather and bundle up.

If you are serious about going and want to be kept directly in the loop, send me an PM with your cell # and I'll hit you with the details.

I'm going to propose this ride to some of my old bike groups sister organizations and see if there are others interested in tagging along as well.

Any other ideas or suggestions are welcome, and I look forward to see you all!

11. MrDen

MrDen New Member

i really wish i could make this ride, but that weekend is booked. it will be COLD when you get to the high country, particularly at night. hope you all have a great/safe ride. looking forward to a trip report.

12. JayT

JayT New Member

Hey...I know that this is a year old thread, but I just got back on a VFR (1997 750F) and would like to contact Az members. I'm in east Phoenix.
    Thanks...Jay Taylor

13. Marrib

Marrib Insider

United States
    Map
    >

How far east?

I'm on 40th st and Ray.

<

14. JayT

JayT New Member

Right near 40th St./McDowell. Are you in Ahwatukee?

15. Marrib

Marrib Insider

United States
    Map
    >

Yep, in the Tukee.

You're down where the 143 hits the 202? The next time I'm headed out to Vulture Mine, I'll let you know.

I was thinking of Congress and up 89 to Prescott on Sat. Its only 125m or so. Normally, I decide on Sat morn. I'm so much a planner... NOT.

<

16. JayT

JayT New Member

I'll be in Tucson all day Saturday, but I'm going to do that ride with another old friend of mine (Duc ST4) on Tuesday. I'm retired, and he's semi. How about playing hooky and coming with us?
    Jay

17. Marrib

Marrib Insider

United States
    Map
    >

Interesting thought. Where to? Have you been to Mt Lemon yet? I do IT and sometimes I'm hosed by work. This Tues 'seems' ok. But... famous last words.

>

18. JayT

JayT New Member

We had decided to go into Prescott the back way through Congress, Yarnell, etc. I sent you a PM with my phone #...Give me a call when you can.
    Jay

19. robr32

robr32 New Member

Just got my 2007 Dark Cherry VFR this past weekend, rented a truck & went to Las Vegas to get it and drove back
    So glad to have it :)

Glendale, Arizona

20. Marrib

Marrib Insider

United States
    Map
    >

So, what are you doing on Tues (i.e. tomorrow)?

<