touring wind screen

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by farmboy, May 10, 2010.

1. farmboy

farmboy New Member

Map
    I would like to replace my stock windshield on a 07 bwr vfr with something more touring related. Any suggestions.

2. BearNVa

BearNVa New Member

3. Hammerspur

Hammerspur New Member

Map
  4. Flash1034

Flash1034 New Member

Map
    Have you used the MRA screen? How effective is it?

Thanks,

Flash

5. CBR600F4i

CBR600F4i New Member

I just got the MRA Vario for my 6th gen. I've only used it for a few short rides but it seems to work pretty well. I'm 6'1" and my bars are up and back 1.5" from stock. I had previously tried the Zero Gravity double bubble, sport touring, and SR with 2.25" cut off the top. After all of those I went back to the stock screen because it worked the best for controlling buffeting and noise. I still thought it could be better so I got the MRA. The adjustable lip doesn't seem to have much of an effect in any position, but I'll have to put more miles on it before I can say for sure. I'm going to attach some strings or ribbons to see what it does for airflow. I'll post some pictures so you can see how it compares to the stock screen. The contour matches the stock screen, it's just longer and it has the wing. I don't have any pics installed, but even with the wing I think it looks a lot better than most of the other touring screens.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Hammerspur

Hammerspur New Member

Map
    Well the Vario certainly had an effect on my 4th Gen, like night and day!
    Noise and blast with the stocker was buggin' me right out so I started looking for replacement.
    Screen configuration is quite different from later models

Initially desired the GIVI with its charecteristic flip, but no longer available for anything pre-5th Gen. so MRA it was.
    Considered the double bubbles too, and might still pick up one of the Chinese jobs at their low prices just to try.

7. ddavidson

ddavidson New Member

Canada
    Map
    I have the Givi mentioned in BearNVa reply. I'm almost 6' and I found it moved the blast from hitting me under the chin to just above my helmet. If it moved it up another inch or so up, it would be perfect. Sometimes the wind is right in my face, but I find that better than my neck where it feels colder and is noisier.

I might see if the vario can be added to the Givi to give me a little less buffeting. My 2 cents.

8. BadVifYes

BadVifYes New Member

I'm in the same boat and about to pull the trigger on the Vario also. I don't really want to spend that much but from everything I'm reading on these threads the MRA seems to provide the most protection. I'm 5'8" and the stuck one is killing me. I'm in PA and commute an hour everyday so I gotta get this bike a bit more cold weather friendly. Let me know how you make out. I'm putting helibars on mine this weekend so I have to wait until thats all done!