looking for muffler for '99 VFR800

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by JakefVFR800, Jun 6, 2010.

1. JakefVFR800

JakefVFR800 New Member

I am looking to buy a used muffler. preferably i want a high mount carbon fiber. I will consider other options for the rite price. I am not looking for a stock can, i already have a potato cannon. I don't want a full system either, just a slip on. my price limit is about $175-$200 max. Thanks all.

2. codyc123

codyc123 New Member

The general consensus is that for that money delkevic is the way to go

3. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    There is one for sale in the classifieds section.

I don't know the seller. I just happened to be looking through there and saw it.

4. Highvactech

Highvactech New Member

Canada
    Map
    That ad has been there a while from a single post member. I would imagine it is long gone. If not I want it! I am thinking of the same for my 99. I have a Jardine RT-1 I think it is. It sounds nice but not carbon fiber nice. The tone if anything is a bit high for me. The Danmoto is a really good value on eBay as well and they sound okay on Youtube, but it is still not a Two Brothers or a Staintune. There are lots of other really expensive slip ons on eBay but I am in the same boat not wanting to spend too much money. The Delkevic sounds a little deeper in Youtube videos and not perhaps as raspy or sharp as the Danmoto, but we are talking about cameras and in many cases camera phones with tiny microphones capturing the sound so it is hard to know how they sound in person. There is a really good video of the Delkevic with a guy doing some drive bys and this is done with a decent camera so the sound is pretty good. I might spend the few bucks more and go with a Delkevic. I would also do more searching for comments on the forum as I have been.

5. mikerob97

mikerob97 New Member

United States
    Map