Do lower rear cowl and center stand not fit over Two Brothers exhaust?

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by milehigh331, Dec 18, 2010.

1. milehigh331

milehigh331 New Member

Last month I purchased a 1991 VFR 750 that came with a full Two Brothers left hand exhaust installed by one of the previous owners. It looks from other posts that center stands and aftermarket exhausts don't play well together so I am assuming that is why the stand has been removed at some point on this bike. Has anyone been able to modify their stock center stand to work with this type of exhaust? Also if I can track down the small lower rear cowl pieces will they still fit? or are they gone because of the two brothers also?
    Thanks!

2. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    centerstand is probaqbly gone because of the aftermarket exhaust, you are correct there.. snap a picture and post it up..

3. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    we can meet up and compare notes. Lots of clowns remove the center stand to drop weight. I have a center stand on mine and the belly covers removed for easy inspection. I may have a photo. BRB

4. tinkerinWstuff

United States
    Map
    IN the photo below, from the muffler forward, you can see the collector, and then a black bracket. The black bracket is the center stand bracket and the exhaust runs between it and the frame. I have a stock exhaust in the garage but not a center stand or can. I will likely have the bike at the Santa Cops ride in Greeley tomorrow if you want to meet up and look. Bring an unwrapped toy for the kids. stand by for link

[​IMG]

5. tinkerinWstuff

United States
    Map
  6. tinkerinWstuff

United States
    Map
    looked at the pics of your bike from your intro thread. Can't say for certain but it sure looks like the centerstand should work with your exhaust. It's really hard to tell from your left side view. But the right side view shows that the exhaust doesn't bend until after the centerstand mount point on the frame. I'd almost be willing to bet your missing stand is a result of someone trying to slim down a heavy bike.

7. milehigh331

milehigh331 New Member

Guys thanks for the quick replies. I don't have a close up pic of my exhaust but here is the right side full shot. Tink- Your bike looks great. I read your thread and from where you started with that bike to how it looks now is very impressive. I appreciate the offer to meet up so I can check out your bike, that would be really helpful to get mine fixed up to how I'd like it. Unfortunately I can't make Greely tommorow as I have an MRI scheduled (hoping I didn't tear my rotator cuff again :rolleyes: )and then dinner with the in-laws. Doesn't that sound like a fun day? lol Anyway I would like to see your bike next time I'm up in the Fort. Looking at your stand bracket I think my header pipes are narrow enough width wise but it looks like they hang down lower than yours which might be an issue. I found a diagram of the belly pans and it looks like the left pan might still work if I can find one but the right pan looks like it wouldn't work unless I could fabricate something.

Attached Files:

• 495.jpg
      495.jpg
      File size:
      72.7 KB
      Views: