Got The Wife A New Car...

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by KC-10 FE, Jul 2, 2006.

1. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

2006 MkV GTI, United Grey, 6 Spd Manual, 6 Disc CD, Sirius Sattelite, Sun Roof. This thing is a hatch back and it has more room in the back seat than my truck does.

Showed up at the dealer 1 hour before closing on the last day of the month. Got it out the door for $22500 all fee's included. The sticker was $24200. It should have been $26200 after tax and fee's.

This thing is stupid fun to drive. It handles like it's attached to the ground magnetically. It has Bridgestone Potenza RE-050's on it now which are a straight up max performance summer only tire. I ordered some Continental Extreme Contact high performance all season tires for it. The Continental's should be here by Friday and the Bridgestone's are going on EBAY. Continental's are far and away my favorite car tire. When I lived in Germany, my autocross car, 1990 Dodge Daytona 2.5 Turbo (bored out to 3.1ltr, 17psi of boost, about $2500 in adjustable suspension goodies) used Continental's only. I set a short lived class record on the Nurburgring on those tires. I wouldn't even consider any other tire. My street car in Germany, 92 Camaro 305, also had Continental's.

She wanted the VW EOS but they aren't available for several more months.

Man, I just love German cars.

KC-10 FE out...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  2. seadooloo

seadooloo New Member

It sounds like you got a good deal! Sure looks like a fun little car to drive. I bet it gets pretty good mpg too.

3. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

I showed up with 60 $100's. Nothing like a $6000 CASH down payment to get the ball in your court. The EPA rating on the window says 32mpg but I've already turned 40mpg out of it. They gave me a voucher to have it topped off at the gas station down the road from the dealer, so we topped it off right after we left the dealer. We drove 250.8 miles and filled it up with 6.32 gallons which equates to 39.68mpg. Not bad for a 200HP pocket rocket.

It has the best steering wheel I've ever touched in a street car. I've driven Formula II, III & IV cars and their steering wheels weren't as good.

KC-10 FE out...

4. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    You suck. :wink: I am sooooo jealous. Just kidding. That is a nice car :cool: and if I could afford to trade my 04 Impala for a new car, thats what i'd get. :bounce: