lower bars

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by tin-tin, May 27, 2011.

1. tin-tin

tin-tin New Member

I'm sure this mod isnt for everyone but I thought I would put the info out there...
    I installed the Apex 3" adjustable riser bars in order to drop the bars about 1" from stock. I was also able to set the bars wider (more perpendicular to the bike) and get a 9 degree downward angle on them. No problems with interference at the tank or the shield. Advantages for me are that I can now lay comfortably on the tank to relieve wrist pressure and reduce drag on the highway and it gets me lower under the shield with my arms fully extended. And of course, less input needed on steering.
    I didnt see any postings about lowering bars on this forum for the vfr12 so I thought somebody might find the information useful. Like I said before I know its not for everybody. The bars I used is the Apex 50mm 3" Adjustable Riser Kit which I got for 189 shipped. The Convertibars 50mm Adjustable Riser Kit should work just as good though a little more pricey if all youre looking to do is lower (Convertibars is like a 5" riser kit but pretty much works the same way.).
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Seemedo

Seemedo New Member

Map
    Looks nice, welcome to the boad

3. camo

camo New Member

Map
    Nice change. I can't get over how the tank from the top resembles my old 78 CBX and the gas cap is nearly identical to the 86. Never seen a 1200 up close.

4. Sam Adams

Sam Adams New Member

Map
    What type of grips did you install?

5. tin-tin

tin-tin New Member

just stockers with some grip puppies. they work well for my large hands.

i didnt order bar ends. IMHO honestly you dont need em. I get no vibes at all. might put my throttlemeister ends on at a later date. gotta call them for a retrofit to the apex bars.

6. tin-tin

tin-tin New Member

I switched over to the Convertibars 50mm kit and was able to get them much lower since with this kit I was able to clamp on to the forks under the upper triple instead of on top of it. Now they are as low as possible without modifying the faring.
    Got her out today and it rode great. JMHO but it felt like a lot less input was required to initially drop her into a turn. With the stockers on, it always felt like I was doing two separate movements when turning. Dropping my shoulder and turning the bars. It got better with the Apex bars. But now it feels more natural like one fluid motion. Plus it makes my stock shield more effective for stopping that wind on my chest. All just my opinion of course.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]