My Take on Pirelli Angel ST's

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Fazer1Sniper, May 29, 2011.

1. Fazer1Sniper

Fazer1Sniper New Member

With the word of riders on several forums, I got a set of Pirelli Angel ST's on my '04 FZ1.
    My FZ has allways been rough on tires. In past seasons I have had DumpLaps (hated them) BattLax (decent wear but poor grip) Lasst yeat Metzler M3's ( loved them, but not the 3K i got out of them.
    I was able to put my first 100 miles on the angels Saturday. With every intention of taking it "easy" on brand new rubber... That lasted till I got to the "fun" roads.
    [​IMG]
    I did most of the miles on two state routes here in east Ohio. Rt 170 (south and north and south again, and Rt 7 south and north.
    [​IMG]
    Pirelli's replacent for the Diablo Strada has me all smiles so far. Great grip on the launch and stop. No skid in hard downshifting. No worries in the corners. Pirelli claims 7500 mile life. Some riders claimimg even more. My FZ is far from a geat "knee-dragging" bike, but I find myself getting more confident all the time. If the long term is as good as my first impressions of this rubber I plan on alot more time in the corners.
    [​IMG]

2. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    A few of the guys that I have regular rides with are also using the Angels. Not a single complaint, and much praise. As you get some more miles on them I'd love to hear your comparision notes between the M3 and Angel. I'm a diehard M3 abuser also getting tired of replacing three rears and two fronts per season. I just can't seem to find a sport-tourer that I can live with.

3. Fazer1Sniper

Fazer1Sniper New Member

I was right there with you, havcar. So far, no sacrifice over the M3's.... miles and miles will tell...