New Member with Two Brothers Question

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by mh929, Jul 9, 2011.

1. mh929

mh929 New Member

Map
    Hi all

I'm a new member here and I have a question about buying a Two Brothers exhaust from the US.

I'm thinking of getting a Two Brothers Dual V.A.L.E.™ Slip-On Exhaust System for my Oz 2009 VFR800. My specific question is whether there are any issues in fitting the US imported exhaust onto an Oz bike.

Honda Oz wont help me and Two Brothers in the US just say they can't comment on Oz bikes.

I'm guessing some of you have done this. Any issues either with the physical fitting or any problems due to differences between US and Oz engines (I don't think there are any that would affect a slip on, but I'm not sure)?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

2. t-bone

t-bone New Member

Hi Martin,

I know your post was a while ago but I have just got a TBR system (as you described) and I'm in the process of fitting. Took time out as the damned S Bend is incorrectly aligned (i.e. it won't fit!). I did read a post (somewhere) where someone else had a similar problem but do you think I can find it now.

Bottom line, by most reports they are a good system and work well with Aussie tuned bikes. Fitting them yourself may be an issue if (like me) you don't happen to have a tube bender lying around the workshop.

Cheers

3. Rainbow7

Rainbow7 New Member

T-Bone, I fitted my Two Bros. system just a few weeks ago. My mid pipe fit just fine; the only issue I had was with the supplied bolts for the brackets being about 5mm too short, which is easily remedied at any fastenings supplier.

I highly recommend the Two Bros. M-2 V.A.L.E. system. - It looks great, is much lighter than the stock one and sounds fantastic.

Martin - The system you're looking at will definitely fit your bike.

[video=youtube;BMKjILgouU8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMKjILgouU8[/video]

4. t-bone

t-bone New Member

Two Bros M2 V.A.L.E. Slipon

Hi again gents,

Like Rainbow7 and at least one other member, I found the 60mm bolts in the kit were way too short. I nicked down the road and got longer ones and it all went together fine. You need 70mm.

The issue with the alignment of the S-bend remained a problem. Although I have it all nicely together and looking pretty (now...), It wasn't without some work. The good people at TBR will get some feedback as an otherwise excellent product shouldn't suffer as a result of poor quality control.

Oh and that gorgeous VFR sound that everyone raves about? Rich and heart warming (and LOUD) as it should be. Even better than expected. Tomorrow will be the first ride so I'm looking forward to finding out how she goes.

So Martin, if you have not already done so, go ahead with the TBR plan, but you will definitely need longer bolts for the rear brackets.