Motorcycle shops in Indianapolis?

Discussion in 'USA - Central' started by ryebread5if, Aug 19, 2011.

1. ryebread5if

ryebread5if New Member

United States
    Map
    When looking for 3rd party accessories like disc locks, grips, cargo nets, mirrors, etc where you go in the Indianapolis area? I'm just looking for a shop that has a large selection of stuff like that. I know of online stores but I'm looking to stake out a good brick'n'mortar that I can go to when I need something right away.

2. indyfour

indyfour New Member

My favorite shop for general motorcycle accessories like you listed is Cycle Outfitters on South Madison. They have a great parts department and lots of general moto stuff as well as lots of helmets, jackets, etc.

Since you're up in Noblesville, you might also try the Yamaha dealer in Westfield on US31 just North of SR32. They have alot of apparel and a decent selection of other stuff. I usually go there to get tires....mostly because I work across the road from there....but also because their prices on Dunlop tires always seems to be way lower installed than anywhere else in town.

Dreyer Honda on West Washington has a pretty good little shop (especially in the Yamaha building next door).

Finally, if you're adventurous, you can go to Cycle Recycle Part II on East 10th Street. It's quite an experience going in there. You're basically in the ghetto and the guy that runs it can be a bit abrasive at times, but he always has every part I ever need (especially for my really old Hondas) and is very knowledgeable. He carries quite a few accessories, grips, mirrors, etc. If nothing else, you should go in there just for the experience.....and see the hundreds of side covers and body panels hanging from the ceiling and cardboard boxes filled with speedos, blinkers, etc. stacked everywhere.

3. ryebread5if

ryebread5if New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks indyfour!

I'll have to check out Cycle Outfitters and Dreyer Honda sometime. I've been in the Yamaha shop in Westfield. Picked up a pair of decent mesh gloves for $10. And I have been in Cycle ReCycle a few times. It is a hoot! And you're totally right--the guy does come off a little abrasive. He knows everything about any import bike from the late 60's to early 90's, and I think he knows it too. But that place is a goldmine. I had an '83 Honda CB1100F and that shop saved me a couple times. I need to go back in there to see what stuff they may have for a '00 VFR.

Thanks again!

4. volkster69

volkster69 New Member

I was just at the Dreyer shop to get keys made for my VFR, good place.