In need of Alabama area Tuner!!

Discussion in 'USA - South' started by keensali, Nov 6, 2011.

1. keensali

keensali New Member

Hey fello Viffers. Sold my 99 VFR800 and picked up an 86 VFR700 recently. It runs decent, but I know it is lacking and needs a good tune up. Not just plugs and oil kinda stuff, but may need carb work tuning that I don't want to mess with.
    If anyone knows of a very good tuner for the carbed VFR's, please let me know. I am willing to travel a decent ways to have it done right.

2. steven113

steven113 New Member

If you are in south alabama then milton florida is nottoo far away. Turn one performance did mine and I couldnt be more pleased. John realy knows what he is doing. the local forum is sponcered by his shop, check out Pensacola Riders - Powered by vBulletin

3. AST236

AST236 New Member

I'm 70 miles north of you in Evergreen. Hit me up if you want to ride. I pass that shop on the way to visit my son in Navarre. Guess I need to stop by and say hello.

4. Seemedo

Seemedo New Member

Map
    Don't know if your still searching but Stormy's in Enterprise has a very good reputation, they made my now sold 95 flstn run the best if ever ran. They work on all bikes mostly sport bikes, customs, and will even wrench an old HD. I plan on taking the 1200 vfr in when she needs her next service. I like a place where you can discus your bike with the person doing the work.

5. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    Might be worth a try to see if Kenny Bobby would work on your bike; he's the smartest guy to show up here for a long time and knows VFRs better than any shop you'll find, most likely.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  6. keensali

keensali New Member

I have forgotten about this post and am sorry for not responding to other posters here. I lost clutch pressure on the bike shortly after the original post I made. The bike sat for about 8-10 months due to moving and life in general. Eventually I found it to be the slave cylinder. Minor investment and I had the clutch issue fixed up. By that time I had a front brake caliper seize up. Had to move again, so dragged the bike to the new house and life was busy for another 6 months. Finally repaired the caliper only to find I could not get it running due to the carbs sitting so long.
    Eventually pulled it all apart and cleaned up the carbs. Found it had a DynoJet kit in it already. I bought a new Dyno Kit and installed it according to the exhaust and air filter I am using. I understand that stock carb set up is the best, but I worked with what I had at the time.
    Once the carb clean and rebuild was done, the bike has run like a top since.
    I just put on a set of new Bridgestones and I just can't ride it enough. As if it was not keeping me busy enough, I bought a package deal of two 1983 Interceptors(one 700cc and one 750cc) and a 1987 VFR700F2. All project bikes, but I LOVE INTERCEPTORS!!!
    I am happy to ride with anyone nearly anytime I can. My riding style is more about enjoying corners and chatting about bikes than all out high speed stuff. I am in Chelsea Alabama and am happy to learn new roads.

7. Gundecker

Gundecker New Member

Glad you got it running! I had to look up Chelsea to see where it was. Lucky dog! Close to Barber. One of my favorite places.
    I'm way south in Biloxi. Ride fun/safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk