Do you own a 2010 VFR1200F? Need your help!

Discussion in 'VFRworld News' started by michael, Nov 22, 2011.

1. michael

michael Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Occasionally, motorcycle magazines contact me looking for information about VFRs for an upcoming article. They've learned that VFRworld is the best place to come for owner opinions, quotes, and information. This afternoon, I was contacted by the Managing Editor of Cycle World Magazine. They are doing a long-term wrap-up article regarding the VFR, and he is specifically looking for a few owners of 2010 VFR1200F that would be willing to share a sentence or two about your experience.

The information could be regarding anything related to the bike - maintenance, DCT, luggage options, price, likes, dislikes, etc. If you are willing to share your experience (again, only a sentence or two), please do the following:

1. Email Matthew Miles, Managing Editor, at mmiles@cycleworld.com.
    2. Be sure to mention that you are from VFRworld and are responding to his request for quotes from owners of the 2010 VFR1200F.
    3. Share your experiences, which can be anything related to the bike.
    4. Include your full name and city, state where you are located.

Any comments he selects will be included in the February, 2012 issue of Cycle World.

Lastly, if you do send him an email, I would appreciate if you either reply to this thread or send me a note just so that I know how many folks were able to respond. Of course, any plugs mentioning VFRworld are always appreciated, as we are always trying to recruit new owners. :cool:

Please note that Matt only has a couple of days to submit this article, so if you are planning to send a quote, please do it quickly!

As always, thanks for your support of the site!

2. Kklein11

Kklein11 New Member

just want to let you know i sent Matthew a note on how much i love my gen 7.

I let Matthew know that I traded my Harley in on the Gen 7 and that I couldn't be happier. I stated that it is more comfortable than the Harley and that it is exponentially funner to ride. The bike can do anything.

3. Rainbow7

Rainbow7 New Member

Au contraire! - Can it leak oil from new? Can it vibrate so much that the mirrors fall off? Can it have a 0.1 : 1 power-to-weight ratio? :tongue:

4. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States

That will never see print.. Matthew Miles to keep his gig at CW has to be nice even to harleydoods. So is that ratio metric or Australian? ;) The leaking is on purpose. It sells more HD oil.

Sidebar:

A few back, the "worlds largest" HD dealership opened in Daytona, Florida. Multi-story (those too, in spades). Some guy restores an older HD and rides it a bunch of miles to the Spring Opener in Daytona. The guy goes to this dealership to get an oil change and they don't know how to do the job. Maybe a combination lock on the drain plug? I don't think so..

5. Rainbow7

Rainbow7 New Member

Seems plausible.

6. ignoreance

ignoreance New Member

I responded.

Probably too long but this is what i wrote.

Up's and downs. The down side, Honda putting this dismal riding map in the 1-2 gears. Up side, I am really thrilled with the way that Honda took the time and made a great fit and finnish of the motorcycles bodywork. Overall Great rewarding bike from Honda.

Thank you Cycleworld for your great reporting.

Bryce
    Santa Clarita, CA.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  7. michael

michael Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    VFRworlders! Great news, Matt received some excellent feedback about the VFR1200F from members at VFRworld, and thanks for those of you who sent comments. He says he needs just ONE MORE quote in order to complete his article! I would like to ask just one more volunteer to please contact Matt with a couple of thoughts about your personal experience with the bike. It would be great to help him complete his article. Thanks in advance if there is anyone else who can help!