1992 VFR750 lowering help

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by Goblin703, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Goblin703

Goblin703 New Member

Hey guys my names nick and i just recently got my first bike which is an (see title) and i was wondering if there was any way to lower this bike. I have been told no and or to look online. The reason i want this lowered is because i'm 5'5 and i tippy toe when sitting on it or flat footed when leaned to one side. I'd like to lower it just because my fiance wants to ride on it and we tried but the bike was dropped sitting at a light because she shifted the weight and it caught me off guard and when i went to shift to put my foot down we were already going down. that caused for a new brake lever to be replaced and well the paint messed up. I could really use a lowering kit just so im flat footed or even 3/4 of both my feet touching the ground would be nice. ANYONE who knows anything about lowering kits or just a way to get an inch or 2 lower on it, i could really use your help. Get back to me asap !!!!! Here is also a pic of my bike!!! my bike.jpg

thanks and ride safe
    nick

2. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Wear high heal..............lol
    Someone will help you shortly, welcome to the madness. Ride safe.

3. OOTV

OOTV Insider

4. Goblin703

Goblin703 New Member

are you saying a lust lowering triangle will fit a 92 vfr750

5. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Not exactly, just pointing to a post where lowering was discussed. You might find some information on some of the caveats behind doing it. As well as other ideas on how you might do it.

6. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Lowering kits for motorcycles . This is the way to go my short friend-give them a email and see if they make them for your ride-good luck-Lustracing.com

7. OOTV

OOTV Insider

One other thing to mention, be careful about what method you go with. Some dogbone options can be disastrous. One forum member had the dogbone break while on the freeway. She came out ok but it could have been really bad. It's typically the adjustable dogbones that you should be wary of.

Cheers

8. Make56

Make56 New Member

Finland
    Map
    Hi Nick,

What I have done just during the winter, I have made small modification to the linkage in my 3rd gen. The linkage is different from the 4th gen where you just could turn the triangles upside down to lower the rear. In 3rd gen I have extended the linkage (see picture) bit less than half inch and now got the rear end lowered by an inch. There is plenty of room around this linkage, so it was easy to make the welding with reinforcements to get it rigid and safe.

This means of course that the front end should be lowered as much to get the geometrical things work with the handling. Also the suspension travel will shorten and you should check that the rear wheel has room to travel. I have not yet tested the handling since we have still 20 inch snow here, but now I can sit on the bike with full contact to the ground and it feels much safer.

Linkage.jpg

OK, now the snow has melted and testdrive is done and I must say that the modification was successful. The rear is about an inch lower and I did not except to have so big difference having the foot well on the ground. Also the change of the geometry did just made the ride more stable.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  9. Bfriis

Bfriis New Member

Hi
    How to rotate this plate for lowring my VFR 750 F, 1997

Plate left side.jpg Plate right side.jpg