BIKE NIGHT - TEXAS PRIDE BBQ outside of SAN ANTONIO

Discussion in 'USA - Southwest' started by fieldsanitation, Apr 11, 2012.

1. fieldsanitation

fieldsanitation New Member

off the Dulles Toll Road, with the Trolls in NoVA
    Map
    Every thursday night at a BBQ joint outside of San Antonio, is bike night. Since it IS Texas, there is a lot of harleys there, but you do get your occasional cafe racer or 1970's era bimmer. You have your hayabusas sometimes, but the ratio of cruiser to crotchrocket is about 50-1. seriously.

http://www.texaspridebbq.net/bikenight.php

It's a great time. live music, outside with a cover over the top for rain or sun (usually just the sun) and the greatest part is they have a path through the main eating area where you ride your bike to get out back to the parking lot where all the bikes are parked. Of course all the "royalty" bikes are parked alongside that section, the super pretty ones, or the most expensive or most exotic or the most hand made ones... Either way, you pull through and check out all the people lookin at your ride while you check out the eye candy and bikes and then go park and grab some grub.

I pulled in last thursday with my son on the pillion (the wife took the cage because she wasn't feeling up to riding that night) and I could hear his OOHs and AAHHs through the helmet. There were some nice bikes in that night. And it looked like someone had bought the black and green Z1000 Kawasaki and snuck it into the lineup at the end of the row. Made me smile to see a $10k naked crotchrocket sitting next to some $30k pride toys (read Harley Davidson). The funny part was when I pulled out into the parking lot, there was only 2 rows of bikes lined up so far (maybe 120 bikes out there and the lot holds close to 400) and when I parked and started taking off my helmet I had two old cowboys looking at the VFR full of questions. By the time my wife came around the fence (there's separate parking for cars) there was like 12 people checking it out.

lotta love for the classics!!!