Wake up Europe - Where you heading this summer?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by skimad4x4, May 22, 2012.

1. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Anyone made plans for trips in Europe this summer? - Come on folks the weather is finally looking up so post up your plans.

Last weekend I headed over to Valais in Switzerland for a mass ride in the mountains organised by Fédération Motorisée Valaisanne - FMVs > FMVs > Accueil which attracted 160 bikes and with over 200 riders/pillions. Fabulous trip on some scary mountain passes with the odd bit of unpaved track behind the Col du St Bernard, Col du Leysin, St Maurice and Sierre, and just happened to stop by at cafeJoeBar - Joe Bar Team - a set on Flickr .

IMG_2277.JPG IMG_2290.JPG

On 25 -29 May I am off for a long weekend trip with the Ulysses-club.de meet in the Black Forest. When I last checked the Gasthaus Kreuz still had 2 rooms available so if anyone is interested in a blast around some stunning roads - the weather is looking good - so send me a personal message.

On 20-22 July SAMVA moto club - my local Motorbike club is hosting its annual massive 3 day rock festival with daily organised rides/events, free camping and rock music into the small hours. More information here Office de Tourisme de la Chapelle d'Abondance All welcome.

Any ideas for June or August?

Skimad4x4 - 6th Gen Militia # 218 - European 1st Division

2. Marrib

Marrib Insider

United States
    Map
    I had high hopes of landing Munich in early Aug and using it as a base to ride the alps. Renting a bike seems very expensive to me. I might make it next year. It would be nice to know which road to take, where to rent a motorcycle cheaper than online and insight from a local.