Florence, SC and Chimney Rock, NC....anybody in those areas up for a ride?

Discussion in 'USA - South' started by risgett, Jul 9, 2012.

1. risgett

risgett New Member

Map
    I'm in Florence, SC....about halfway between Columbia and Myrtle Beach. Is there anyone close to me that wants to get together and ride sometime? I also have a place in the mountains near asheville that I make it to once or twice a month, so I'm always up for a mountain ride when I'm up there. Anyone????:cool:

2. Nikosdad

Nikosdad New Member

hey risgett

I live in Greer,SC. When I can, I usually ride up into NC. Next time you are in the area let me know.

bauza1987@gmail.com

3. risgett

risgett New Member

Map
    Hey Nikosdad. I'm always up for a ride. Once we get to April, I'll be up to my place in Chimney Rock every 2 or 3 weeks. I'll email you when I'm going up there next time and we can meet up and ride. BTW, I traded my VFR on a new Concours 14. I miss my VFR a little, but LOVE the connie. :)

4. Nikosdad

Nikosdad New Member

hey risgett
    I have been thinking about the concours a lot myself, beautiful bike.
    Sounds good, email me when you're going to be in area and we'll see if we can ride.

5. DonFuardo

DonFuardo New Member

Columbia checking in! I ride the lake Murray loop a good bit, but the Greenville to Asheville routes are great. There are also some nice country backroads around newberry and wynnsboro. Any suggestions are appreciated, always looking for good places to ride in SC!

6. risgett

risgett New Member

Map
    Hey DonFuardo, I've never ridden the Lake Murray loop. Is it a good ride? Me and some buddies ride up to Lake Wateree sometimes and ride hard and fast on the roads around the lake. They would be awesome roads if they were newly paved and weren't littered with driveways on blind hills and curves. But as it is, they still aren't too bad and we just take our chances. Matter of fact, I think we might be going up there this Sunday if anyone wants to join us.

7. DonFuardo

DonFuardo New Member

Hey bud, I actually live in chapin, but work in downtown columbia. Not a good commute on a bike, people are insane on i26 during rush hour. The lake loop I take starts in chapin/prosperity, goes through backroads towards Batesburg. Then 391 loops around towards Lexington again, head across the dam and that's it. It's about 2-3 hours depending on pace, stops, etc. One of my favorite rides in the midlands for sure. I've ridden around lake wateree, but you're right about the roads out there... kinda rough pavement on some of them. Newberry to jenkinsville and wynnsboro has some pretty scenery too. I'll be at a work conference until next Wednesday, otherwise I'd love to ride. Some other time!