Stainless steel front brake & clutch lines

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by old_pirelli, Jul 10, 2012.

1. old_pirelli

old_pirelli New Member

Australia
    Map
    Just looking at replacing the rubber brake & clutch hoses on my 1997 750

Looking at running two hoses, one to each caliper & doing away with the bridge pipe

am looking at either the Venhill, Goodridge or HEL lines (am leaning towards the HEL ones)

any opinions on brands (I have Goodridge on my 650 Bros & it works ok - no probs) or the removal of the steel bridge pipe ?

cheers

2. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Yep, dats the way to fly, you simply use a longer banjo bolt to your massa brake cylinder then go to each caliper with a new braided line. Either brand you mentioned is good. This is just my opinion, I like the OEM crush washers, thats just me though, you might even be able to cheap out and re-use the old ones as they are pretty robust and dont crush that much.

I did my clutch line a while ago as I was afraid of having a burst line due to the age of the bike, I still have the original rear rubber brake line. Kinda do those mods wtih every bike I ever own. A good feeling lever is snice ; ) cheers

3. smack doogle

smack doogle New Member

United States
    I have used HEL and Galfer.

The HEL lines fit perfect and were priced really well.

The Galfer lines didn't fit but......the customer service was incredible. They asked for me to return their lines and my stock lines so they could model them for future reference. Then, the shipped me out new front lines, rear line and clutch line free of charge for not having the correct lines in the first place.

4. old_pirelli

old_pirelli New Member

Australia
    Map
    thanks for the feedback guys

Got a great price on the HEL brake & clutch lines so I am going with them - will get the stainless lines & install them before I get the front end revalved & replace the fork springs

5. professore

professore New Member

I put in HEL lines front and rear and it's a great job. Dump the bridge pipe but keep the rubber grommets and route the new lines through.