Country
    Thanks

2007 VFR800 - Help with replacing brake/running and turn signal lights with LED.

I've searched many places, but I cannot find exactly what I'm looking for. All I want is to know the following:

1. Do the LED turn signal replacements for the 7440(?) handle the dual voltage for running and flashing? I would assume yes, but cannot find the answer.
    2. Will I or will I not need resistors for the turn signals and/or the brake/running lights?
    3. Can anyone suggest good, bright, and exact LEDs to replace the turn signal and brake/running lights with?

Thank you in advance.

Country
    Thanks
    1. yes
    2. no
    3. no, they are all different, get several keep the ones you like.

click me and read post #4

Country
    My Ride
    2006 Honda VFR 800 ABS
    Thanks
    try this place. I have heard nothing but good reviews from these lights on other forums.

LEDLight.com: Online Shopping for LED Lighting Products

Country
    My Ride
    '08 VFR800A
    Thanks
    I have found the guys at CustomLed to be very helpful. You might check out this link which can answer some of what you are asking about. If you still have questions, email them directly and they will probably have a solution for you.

Load Equalizer - Custom LED Universal Flasher Relay Load Equalizer

Country
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Radicalwillie View Post
    I have found the guys at CustomLed to be very helpful. You might check out this link which can answer some of what you are asking about. If you still have questions, email them directly and they will probably have a solution for you.

Load Equalizer - Custom LED Universal Flasher Relay Load Equalizer
    do NOT use those.

Country
    My Ride
    2008 - Gunmetal Grey - I call her "Gunny"
    Thanks
    OK - I am not usually one to resurrect threads, but this one requires it :-)

I bought a LED Flasher Relay from Custom LED and a couple of LED bulbs from eBay. Both arrived and today I took the time to put it on (alongside some smoked signals). Unfortunately the relay did not work; hyperflash was ever present. I emailed Custom LED and am waiting for a response (they offer 1 year warranty and satisfaction guarantee), but as it stands, this relay did not work for me...

Depending on how they wish to proceed (exchange it, perhaps there is something wrong with this one or refund), I'll update; in the mean time, does anyone know of any other reputable sites that offer flasher relays to get rid of the hyperflash with LED bulbs?
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering." --Bruce Lee

Country
    My Ride
    VFR800A-FI ABS 2007 25th Aniversery tri-colour '81 CM200T Twinstar (dont laugh at this its vintage, and less than 20,000km on it)
    Thanks
    The flasher is a simple timer circuit. The lights provide the resistance required to make it work. Led lights need only a couple mA to light up, but some replacement led bulb sets add extra resistance or design to a resistance required by the flasher they sell. Since signal flashers on the 07 is relaybased a led flasher is useless. Put your original one in and try it out. You may need to add some resistance to the circuit. Usually 3 to 8k ohms in series with each bulb. And no I do not know which since I dont have your bulb to test against. Add resistance until you get the flash rate you want.

A better question is why bother with led signals, I understand in the gauge cluster, but if you reduce the load on the r/r too much then you run the risk of over heating it. If you want brighter signals then add the led lights in parallel to the original bulb. This also give you a warning when a bulb fails, that side flashes quicker.

Country
    My Ride
    2002 Honda VFR800
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hwyrogue View Post
    OK - I am not usually one to resurrect threads, but this one requires it :-)

I bought a LED Flasher Relay from Custom LED and a couple of LED bulbs from eBay. Both arrived and today I took the time to put it on (alongside some smoked signals). Unfortunately the relay did not work; hyperflash was ever present. I emailed Custom LED and am waiting for a response (they offer 1 year warranty and satisfaction guarantee), but as it stands, this relay did not work for me...

Depending on how they wish to proceed (exchange it, perhaps there is something wrong with this one or refund), I'll update; in the mean time, does anyone know of any other reputable sites that offer flasher relays to get rid of the hyperflash with LED bulbs?
    You sure you replaced the right flasher relay? The ones on the 6th gen is hidden behind the instrument cluster (can access by removing the black plastic cowl behind the windscreen) it should be marked "DOT" somewhere on the flasher. There are about 3-4 relays around there so hopefully you unplugged the right one.
    2002 Honda VFR800 Interceptor :Sold Feb 2012
    2001 Honda VFR800 Interceptor :Sold Aug 2013
    2002 Honda VFR800 Inteceptor :Current April 2014
    "Once you're a vifferhead you'll always be a vifferhead and keep coming back to the same bike"

Country
    My Ride
    2002 VFR
    Thanks
    I got these LEDs for my brake lights and have been very happy so far Putco Red 237443R-360 LED 360-Degree Premium Replacement Bulb -2 Piece

Country
    My Ride
    2008 - Gunmetal Grey - I call her "Gunny"
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VIFFER RIDER View Post
    You sure you replaced the right flasher relay? The ones on the 6th gen is hidden behind the instrument cluster (can access by removing the black plastic cowl behind the windscreen) it should be marked "DOT" somewhere on the flasher. There are about 3-4 relays around there so hopefully you unplugged the right one.
    Yep.. I double and triple checked... I didn't have this weekend to re-do, but I'll take front off one more time this coming w/e..

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering." --Bruce Lee