Adjusting front end

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by reg71, Aug 24, 2006.

1. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    A few things:

1. I just got my forks back from having the seals done and I'm trying to get the front end back where I had it. I had marked it with a sharpie but it came off at the shop. What I'm wondering is, the preload adjusters aren't lined up anymore. Does this mean my shocks are each at different settings? How do I get them back to stock so I can adjust from there?

2. If my steering feels a little slow, then increasing the distanc from the top of the triple clamp to the top of the fork tube should make it a little quicker, right? Stock is 41mm?

3. What the best way to get the handlebars even and set correctly? Mine feel pretty close, but not quite right since I adjusted them.

2. jchag1718

jchag1718 New Member

1. Reg you should be able to rotate fork tube inside the slider to get the adj to line up.

2. Yes, you're right on this one.

3. The only suggestion I have is to eyeball and try it out for feel. I had to adj mine twice before I got it. Unless someone has another suggestion.

3. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    well, I think I have the bars about right now & the rake/trail seems pretty close.