The most divided opinions of any issue on the VFR800 - Velocity Stack positions

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by signal, Aug 29, 2013.

1. signal

signal Definitely Not New Member

United States
    I must say, after reading through Soooo many posts on here and VFR Discussion forums, I have never seen so much difference of opinion on anything like there is when it comes to the positioning of the velocity stacks.

Microfiche shows short in front, tall in back. And that makes sense to me as that puts that at close to the same height. Others argue that front left should be short, front right tall, back left tall and back right short. Many who are Honda mechanics claim its one way or the other, but one thing for sure, there are people of high experience on both sides arguing for both ways! I am only posting this in case I didn't read something that put this to rest, and there is some finality on the issue, not to start an argument.

I did read on VFR Discussion someone said "the official word from Honda is....", but I am not sure how official that is, its just a post to a forum, which I guess is about as good as you are going to get unless they clarified the published technical documentation. Sketches in the service manual are iffy, depending on how you look at it. The microfiche is pretty clear, yet several people claim that new bikes, never cracked open, had them in staggered configuration. And for everyone that says that, there is someone who says their new bike had them short in front and tall in back......... :crazy:

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I have never noticed them being different sizes. I have no idea which way I put mine back last time I had them out. :blush: