Pirelli Angel GTs

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by tyarosevich, Jan 30, 2014.

1. tyarosevich

tyarosevich New Member

United States
    Map
    Alright, so I'm setting up a cross next to this post so that if ya'll feel the need, you can crucify me for starting a tire thread.

Anyhow. I did a lot of research. A loooooot of research before buying these. I was dead set on getting some Q3s as my next tire, but when I gave it some thought I realized I'd probably be doing a good 1500+ miles on the slab this spring visiting my folks and my new baby niece and Q3s would be half wasted. So after looking around, it was pretty clear from every third-party, ride test review that the Angel GTs were at the head of the s/t tire pack. The only question mark is really the Michelin Pilot 4, which hasn't really been reviewed up against the Pirellis yet.

So, I'm posting this to invite anyone else that's used the Angel GTs to comment. Mine are still too slick for me to say anything about, but the profile sure as hell is different from my old dunlops.

2. just phil

just phil New Member

I am curious to hear what other members have to say...
    I have a good friend who used to race professionally & is now a mechanic (I know, is there a better type of friend), and he told me, that when the time comes for new rubber, I should get a set of Angels.
    I'm a full riding season away from that decision, but hey, knowledge is power...

3. tyarosevich

tyarosevich New Member

United States
    Map
    So far, they are the best tired I've ever had. Their profile is sheer magic. The bike is so easy to turn in now that it feels like a new machine entirely. The degree of road feedback is also radically increased from my crappy Roadsmarts, and thus far they seem to hold a line through corners really well. This is all first impressions however, as they're still too slick (and it's too damn cold and wet) for me to take on a real ride.