Non Sport Bike On-Track Training Day 8/19

Discussion in 'USA - Northeast' started by epconde, Mar 23, 2014.

1. epconde

epconde New Member

"Non-Sportbike" On-Track Training Day
    Tuesday August 19
    Thompson Speedway (map: https://goo.gl/maps/y3qJZ)
    Thompson, CT

Tony's Track Days has graciously created a day of On-Track Instruction geared toward Street Riders. If you have been a little hesitant to do a track day then this is for you. Riders will be broken down into 3 groups: cruisers, tourers, and sport tourers. VFRs would be with Sport Tourers. Please read the notes on gear. You need a full face or modular helmet, motorcycle jacket and pants (no chaps). Gloves and boots should overlap the jacket and pants so no skin is exposed when you are in the riding position.

I will definitely be attending. I hope that you can join me. This is a great learning opportunity plus it is an absolute blast. Close your eyes and picture coming around a curve and entering a long straight with no cars, no obstacles, no enforcement, and no speed limit. Go at your own pace, get lots of classroom instruction, and work on the tips you are given on the same curves lap after lap.

Link to the event on Tony's Track Days: http://www.tonystrackdays.com/category/9284/non-and-sportbike-on-and-track-training-day.htm

2. Arnzinator

Arnzinator New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks for the heads-up!

3. epconde

epconde New Member

Any time. This will be an awesome day.

4. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Is passing harleydoods permitted?

5. epconde

epconde New Member

No Harleys in your group. You would be with Sport Tourers. Pass all you want! :pirate:

6. Serrilion

Serrilion New Member

Map
    Sounds like I mite have to take a ride and learn a few things... Just hope an 85" passes the Tech Inspection lol

7. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Why am I thinking about the cannibal who passed his friend? ;)

8. epconde

epconde New Member

E-mail Tony as advised below and he will let you know beforehand:

OLDER BIKES:

If your bike is more than 15 years old, email me (tony@tonystrackdays.com) with the bike info and a photo and I'll make the determination. Again, the focus here is to ensure the bike is in excellent condition with no leaks of any kind.

9. epconde

epconde New Member

HA HA! Pass the salt.

10. Serrilion

Serrilion New Member

Map

K sounds like I better get mine together... and leaks? who has leaks? its only an 85 not the titanic jeez LOL

11. Arnzinator

Arnzinator New Member

United States
    Map
    First of all BIG THANKS to epconde for posting this. I attended & it was a blast. Humbling experience to say the least. Completely different world out on the track. Personally I struggled to find a comfort zone initially. It wasn't till the afternoon sessions after I dropped down to the "medium" group that I felt relaxed. It wasn't pretty at first. Locked up the rear wheel on downshifting I don't know how many times. All kinds of mistakes but I managed to keep it rubber side down. Learned more about my skills & limits in one day than in the last ump-teen years.

Also BIG THANKS to Tony & his staff, who were all AWESOME! I Hope to get back out there in Sept or Oct.

THANKS to Arcy Kusari, ON TRACK MEDIA LLC for the professional pics. Link: http://otmpix.com/index.php

Track_Day_TTD_Thompson_8-19-14c1-215-1-003.jpg Track_Day_TTD_Thompson_8-19-14c2-067-1-001.jpg Track_Day_TTD_Thompson_8-19-14c2-399-1-002.jpg

If you're in the New England area and are looking for track days check out (link) http://www.tonystrackdays.com Highly recommended & well worth it!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014