Touring screen

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by thethaw, Apr 14, 2014.

1. thethaw

thethaw New Member

bike 3 (640x504).jpg bike 4 (640x401).jpg hey guys...love this forum and my new to me white 2003 VFR...I need a tall touring screen...anybody got one??? Mine came with a double bubble zero G....not tall enough for me....its for sale in the classifieds...would trade or...??? I was about to buy an '98.....but much better deal on the 2003/staintunes and all.....so, dare I ask...opinions on tall screens...? I like the Givi and the Puig,...I am going to add a MRA vario hinged top foil to the tall screen...do it on all my rides...love it...tall.....thanx in advance for informed replies...jeff in tampa..oh..pics of my ride after...stripping wheels and polishing...and mra vario top foil installed...Givi Boxset for sale on CL and Ebay...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  2. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    I see you have already spotted the responses to the very similar post from Silverider which hopefully gives you an idea of the various screen options.

If changing the screen does not solve the problem, it might be worth trying other helmet designs, as I found some designs are much less affected by wind buffeting.

SkiMad

3. thethaw

thethaw New Member

thanks skid....pretty sure any touring screen with my mra vario hinged upper foil will be just fine...I am just under 6'1"....this same screen setup has worked on my bandit 1200's and 1250...very well....
    ***** update mid may***.....love my custom made, hinged upper extension...before you pass fugly judgement on the cosmetics...this is the 4th bike I've had this screen setup on....after about a week it looks good, after 2 weeks its beautiful...lol...functionality is great!!! little aero envelope is quieter and the blast on a hiway bomb is right at the top of my helmet...thus hi speed;often achieved....is rather comfortable...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  4. DfnsMn69

DfnsMn69 New Member

I just put the Vario on my 03 and at 6'2" I can tell you that the wind now hits me square in the neck regardless of what position I have the adjustable wing. It's almost enough to make me go back to the stock screen until I can find something better.

5. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    Puig touring or Givi windscreen which is better.? I got a Puig DB right now and it doesn't keep enough wind off me! I want to see though it, so I would get a clear!:pirate::smokin:

6. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    I had a puig touring on my R6 and it was pretty good, still not a flat face and I could see though in the rain. My Puig DB is nice but just lets too much air though to me. I did about 50 miles yesterday in heavy wind and got blasted with too much wind. VFR is much better in heavy wind ,but still got pushed around.:smokin::whoops: