Givi 34l hard bags in black?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by sunofwolf, Apr 18, 2014.

1. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    I was thinking of getting some givi monkey hard bags and mounts with 34 L bags for some light touring what do you think. Will these bags hold a helmet. I think they might be the perfect size for me-the really big hard bags stick out too much. I know someone who has black ones for $450. How much do the brackets weight with the bags off? Will they work with 2 bos carbon slip-on-looks like they would?:banana:

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    I know a guy who had a set of those and his bike fell over every time he got close to it. If the brackets are too heavy some wireties can be used that don't weigh a lot.

3. VFR_AG

VFR_AG New Member

Givi are a good bag and work well, I had a single E460 mounted and it just fit my helmet at 46l because of height - I doubt the 34l bags will fit a full face

4. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Just installed the monokey top box L46 and my jacket with helmet just fit..tightly...all the weight I lost with my Leos gained back...the bracket is pretty heavy..the box weighs notin[​IMG]

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

5. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    So with all three bags... Im sure your talkin substantial weight gain

6. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    Only talking about givi 34 l side bags, I think I am better off with soft luggage because I just don't want to add all this heavy stuff, I just lost 20pds by dumping the stock exhaust making me able to control the bike better. When you take soft luggage off nothing remains. I am making the bike as sporty as I can-I think I will get a scotts damper instead.:crazy: They canceled my BNC air filter, so I think I will just get a stock one LOL!

7. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Thats the point I was trying to make..with me with th v46 I would only get soft bags...I can imagine how much weight with the hard bags that would add to the bike a lot

8. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    Ya , I have to realize that some things are just too much and mod the bike on how I am using the bike at the present time. Hard bags = heavy touring. I am not going to do that at the present time. A Long ride for me is over a hundred miles, so keep it sporty means its more fun. Extra weight is just extra work. So this is a few things I am doing to make it easy-M5 metzler tires-really sporty tires. Sport touring clear ZG windscreen-still sporty while keeping more wind off me. New air filter-not really needed right now. Scotts damper-I think would really help damping bumps and slowing down the fast steering a little bit. My old damper on the r6 work very well. I know the scotts is even better and looks very cool. I added a sargent seat and r+G sliders, folding levers. I am now thinking also of just getting a soft tail bag to hold a rain suit ect. I am also sick of spending money, so I am only going to do small things from now on. The weather has suked big time so far. I do have heated grips.:bandito::helo:

9. thethaw

thethaw New Member

for sale in the classified section is a complete Givi set....willing to split up...have you seen these?... the 39Liter topbox is big enough to hold anything...

10. OOTV

OOTV Insider

If you go to GIVI's website and look up the model 'product details', it will tell what it can hold. If the model has a helmet icon, that means it will hold a helmet, if there's a two helmet icon, that means it will hold 2 helmets. I have the E55 and I can get 2 full face helmets inside, plus some small items like gloves with no problem.

Sample of the E340 case 'product details' icons
    Untitled.jpg